Welcome back to the How to Decorate Series! Today is Day 3 of our line-up and I think you’re going to like what you see. If you are just joining us, click here to begin your How to Decorate journey from the beginning! There are so many fantastic secrets, tips, and tricks being shared that you won’t want to miss a post.
Cowhide rugs have been trending for so many years now that they are practically a classic. I have one that I layer over other rugs in my home, and I love the texture it adds to my room. Emily from Decor Chick is showing How to Decorate with Cowhide When You Aren’t a Cowboy. (<—–You can click on those blue words to be taken to her post. Whenever words are blue it means that it is a link that you can click. This is a little Internet 101 tip, but I’ve received several questions regarding where the posts are so I thought I’d try and help out.)
Do you remember my post on How to Find Your Decorating Style? Can you tell by looking at the picture below what style Myra might fit into? Myra from My Blessed Life is a perfect example of a vintage eclectic style. She is a master of taking second hand finds, and pieces from varying time periods, and mixing them together to create a signature room. She is candidly sharing her tips on How to Decorate with Junk!
Kim from Sand & Sisal has a gorgeous home that reflects her transitional coastal style. Although she doesn’t live directly on the beach, she does live in a beach town. Since she grew up on a beach most of her life all-things-beachy are in her blood! How do I know so much about Kim? Well, she also happens to be my big sister! True story. Today she is sharing How to Decorate Coastal (without lookin’ all Margaritaville!). If you want to add a little beach to your home, but don’t know where to start, read this post!
In her post, How to Decorate So You Feel at Home, Diane from In My Own Style cuts to the chase of what this series is really all about–creating a home that matches YOU and your lifestyle. I LOVE this post and encourage all of you to read it. There is even a free cute printable to help you get started!
Melissa from 320 Sycamore recently built a brand new home and just moved in. She has learned that whether you live in a dated older home or a brand new custom home, there are 3 Decorating Truths in any Home that remain true. Click the link to find out what they are!
So much good information! For your convenience, here is the How to Decorate line up so far. There are two more full days of decorating how-to’s coming your way. Enjoy!
How to Decorate Series (so far)
1. Beth, Home Stories A to Z: How to Find Your Decorating Style
2. Courtney, A Thoughtful Place: 5 Gallery Wall Styles
3. Stacy, Not Just A Housewife: How to Decorate with Plants
4. Myquillyn, Nesting Place: Turning a House into a Home on a Thrift Store Budget
5. Donna, Funky Junk Interiors: How to Turn Worthless Junk into Home Decorating Must Haves
1. Melissa, The Inspired Room: The Secret Ingredient Every Room Needs
2. Jessica, Four Generations One Roof: How to Decorate with Container Plants
3. Traci, Beneath my Heart: How to Style a Coffee Table
4. Cyndy, The Creativity Exchange: Tricks for How to Zone in on the Perfect Paint Color
5. Laura, Finding Home: 5 Ways to Personalize Your Home
1. Emily, Decorchick!: How to Decorate with Cowhide When You Aren’t a Cowboy
3. Kim, Sand & Sisal: How to Decorate Coastal (without lookin’ all Margaritaville!)
4. Diane, In My Own Style: How to Decorate So You Feel at Home
5. Melissa, 320 Sycamore: 3 Decorating Truths in any Home