My craft room isn’t quite finished yet, but I thought I’d show you the progress I’ve made since last week.
Over the weekend, I finished painting everything and made some cushions for the window seat. The foam (which is ridiculously expensive) came from Ollies at $5.99 a piece. (Note to self: Go into the foam selling business.) I have a hinged storage compartment in my window seat so decided to make three cushions out of five pieces of foam. I hot glued two cushions together to make the center cushion.
For the fabric, I found a blackout drape for $16 at a store called Gabriel Brothers.
It was so perfect with three layers of material already there for me! It had the top silk layer, a fleece layer that acted as my batting, and a bottom “sheet” layer.
I stuffed the foam into the curtain, folded the bottom layer over the cushion, and glued it right to the foam.
Then I flipped the cushion over and folded it like a present and glued it in place. Yep. Glued it. I love hot glue and have great success with it!
For the side cushions, I measured and cut the foam with scissors and glued the pieces together to make a one-piece cushion. Then, I repeated my method of folding and gluing the fabric into place and….
…voila! No-sew window seat cushions!
I’m still working on my pegboard and organizing the rest of the room and when it’s completely finished I will give you a full breakdown of where everything is from.
Here is a quick glance at the other side of the room.
With my left-over foam, I whipped up a little cushion for my temporary desk chair.
And here is one more look of how it is coming along! I’m loving it so far!