Get Your Face On Party MckLinky will be open through Friday night! If you’re feeling brave, you can still link up.
Warning: If you want to skip my psychobabble and simply see a review of the party, just scroll down.
But you are awesome. You didn’t leave me hanging, and you were brave enough to step up to the challenge! You should also know that during linky parties bloggers write to me and say, time and time again, “your readers are amazingly sweet, and they actually comment!” Wahoo! Yes you do! I visit everyone who links up to my parties and leave a comment on each post and so do many of you! Some of you take the time to leave a sweet comment on each post even when you haven’t linked up yourself. So…gold stars, pats on the back, spirit fingers, and hi fives all around.
Why did I do this party???
- College was the last time I shared beauty secrets and swapped makeup tips on a regular basis. I miss gabbing with girlfriends about the latest potions and lotions and thought it would be fun to create a place of girly camaraderie here.
- I wanted to give you the opportunity to step out of your comfort zone and realize that you are loved and beautiful nakey face and all!
- I deeply care about women and strongly dislike the competitive undercurrent that comes with blogging. Doing something totally non-home related is good for me. And you too?
Okay, enough of that. Here is what I learned doing this post:
1. I am the only woman on the planet not currently using some type of mineral makeup. Seriously! Check the posts for yourself and start counting each time you see “mineral makeup” come up. They should be paying you all for all that free advertising!
2. They make a primer for your face?! How awesome is that?
3. Many of you swear by this eye bright pencil in the corner of your eyes to help you look refreshed.
5. Sometimes it’s the simplest products that get the rave reviews. So many of you are in love with your chapstick, vaseline, and lip gloss!
6. There are a zillion gorgeous women in blogland and most of you felt the need to downplay your beauty and point out all of your flaws. Why do we do that?
I know that doing this post was hard for many of you and took you waaaayyy out of your comfort zone. I knew I was asking a lot, and after reading all of the posts I am even more confirmed that the world of women needed you to “go first”. Thank you for having the courage to bare all and bravely take on this challenge. I am so proud of you peeps! *Sniff.*
**I will announce the winner of the Virtue Lip Gloss Giveaway tomorrow. If you haven’t entered yet, be sure to click here. **