Get your brew on in style with these 15 home coffee station ideas that span every budget!
I recently read an article claiming that many young Americans spend more on coffee per year than on retirement savings. Oops! Coffee is a pleasure and necessity that most of us feel we can’t live without. It is the first thing we turn to upon waking up in the morning and is the foundational drink we use for comfort, reward, energy, and socialization. If you are a fellow coffee lover, it makes good financial sense to splurge on creating an attractive and functional coffee station at home! Today I’ll share all of the must-have items to include in your coffee station and some real-life coffee station inspiration!
What items should be included in a coffee station?
Whether it’s a built-in section of your kitchen, or the top of a thrift store buffet, your coffee station can be a cozy spot in your home to enjoy your favorite beverage! Here are the items you’ll need to create your own coffee station:
- Coffee machines. Whether your preference is pot, pour over, press, or single serve, you’ll need a way to make your brew.
- Coffee and functional storage for your coffee. Cute canisters for ground coffee or pods are a must!
- Mug rack. Displaying mugs on your coffee station is not only convenient but stylish.
- Sweeteners and creamer pitcher. Syrups, sugar, and sugar substitutes are all great things to include at your coffee station as well as a creamer pitcher.
- Spoons or stirrers. You can include a jar with spoons or disposable stir sticks to make it easy to stir in your coffee add-ins.
- Decor. Personalize your coffee station by adding a vase of flowers, coffee-related wall decor, or a small plant!
Built In Kitchen Coffee Station Ideas
1. Home Stories A to Z Kitchen Coffee Station
I figured it was only appropriate to kick off our home coffee station tour by sharing my very own coffee station! One of the things that sold us on purchasing our South Carolina home was the newly renovated kitchen. The little built in coffee station with wine fridge on the side of our kitchen is my absolute favorite part of the renovation! Previously, this was a non-functional dining area that housed a bistro table. The former owners added the cabinets, fridge, and countertop to transform this nook into a cozy spot to start the day.
If a kitchen renovation is in your near future, I highly recommend adding a beverage station to your design plan! You can see more of my kitchen here.
Shop My Coffee Station
2. Farmshenanigans Farmhouse Coffee Station
Wesley and Daniel from Farmshenanigans also added a coffee bar station when renovating their kitchen. This spot used to house double ovens that the couple didn’t feel suited their needs. They removed the ovens and updated the space with open shelving, a coffee bar, and below cabinet microwave. You can see more of their beautiful coffee bar and kitchen renovation on their blog here.
3. Beneath My Heart Butler’s Pantry Coffee Bar
When Traci from Beneath My Heart created her butler’s pantry at her last home, she added a beautiful coffee bar! Traci and her husband Cy did all of the work themselves and it’s definitely worth checking out here.
4. Erin Spain’s Wet Bar One Room Challenge
A few years ago, Erin tackled her previously unused 80’s wet bar for a One Room challenge! She created this gorgeous and functional coffee bar. I love the gorgeous marble subway tile and gold hardware! You can see all of her DIY tutorials and the full room reveal here.
DIY Furniture Coffee Station Ideas
Perhaps renovating an entire section of your kitchen for a coffee bar just isn’t feasible. No problem! Let’s look at a few DIY coffee station furniture builds that are sure to inspire.
5. DIY Barn Door Coffee Bar
Ashley from Handmade Haven built this wall-mounted, barn door style coffee bar station! The doors are not only beautiful, but functionally hide away some coffee supplies. Ashley shares the full step by step tutorial for her coffee bar here.
6. Dry Bar Cabinet by House on Longwood Lane
This custom looking coffee bar cabinet was made from a base of stock cabinets from Home Depot! Learn how to customize the look to suit your tastes with the full cabinet build tutorial here.
7. DIY Coffee Console by Houseful of Handmade
The wall, shelf, coffee console, and cute storage baskets are all DIY projects that include tutorials! Click here to see how she created this cute coffee station from scratch!
8. Lemons Lavender and Laundry’s Farmhouse Buffet Table Coffee Station
Erin and her husband implemented some furniture plans by Ana White to create this custom built, DIY-barn door buffet table for their coffee station. You can find all of the links for her tutorials for this build here.
9. Angela Marie Made $50 DIY Bar Cart
Learn how to make your own cute coffee bar cart with DIY tutorial from Angela Marie Made! The entire project costs less than $50.
Furniture or Countertop Coffee Station Ideas
Perhaps you’re not looking to renovate, build, or take on a bunch of labor-intensive DIY projects in order to create your home coffee station. The following coffee station ideas are for you!
10. Artsy Chicks Rule Painted Buffet Coffee Bar
Nancy from Artsy Chicks Rule gave on old cabinet some TLC and transformed it into a beautiful piece to house her coffee station. Go see the before pictures and everything she did to create this cute coffee corner on her blog here.
11. Making Manzanita’s Vintage Dresser Coffee Station
Chelsea used a $20 second-hand dresser as the base for her coffee bar. They refinished the piece and added some adorable floating shelves and wall hooks to complete the space. You can find all of her coffee bar tips and tricks here.
12. Lydi Out Loud Coffee Station Styling Inspiration
Sometimes you just need to glean some inspiration for styling your coffee station! I also love using trays, baskets, and tiered stands to organize and corral necessities! Head over to Lydi’s for more coffee bar styling tips.
13. Atta Girl Says Coffee Bar for Entertaining
Perhaps you’re looking for ways to set up a temporary coffee bar just for a special gathering at your home. I love the idea from Atta Girl of using a portable tray to corral all of your coffee necessities. Amy also gives tips on what kinds of treats to serve to best accompany your coffee!
14. White Cottage Home and Living Corner Cabinet Coffee Bar
Amy is blessed with a large bedroom and wasn’t sure what to do with two built-in cabinets in the corner of her room. She creatively decided to convert one of the cabinets into a coffee station! Head to her blog to see the full coffee bar in her space.
15. My Wee Abode Small Space Coffee Station
If you are pressed on space, here is a cute idea of how to create a small space coffee station! Julie shares many helpful products to consider for creating your own small space coffee bar here.