I love buying affordable fashion from Amazon Prime! Here are some dresses, coverups, and casual items I own and love that are perfect for the beach or your upcoming tropical vacation!
**To shop just click on the item titles! For sizing reference, I am 5’5″ and 125 lbs. Want to skip the talk? Click here and shop all of these items in my Amazon Store. Affiliate links used.
Tips on Buying Clothes on Amazon
I love cute and trendy clothing, but I don’t want to spend a bunch of money on items I might only wear for a season. I also don’t love trying on clothing in store dressing rooms. They are often lit in a way that makes you look 10 yrs older and 10 pounds heavier. And as if that wasn’t bad enough you typically have to contend with someone else’s toddler peeking up at you from under the door while listening to Jen in the next room talking too loudly on her phone about Kelly’s divorce and overly juvidermed lips. 😳 Amazon Prime is this introvert’s best friend! 😂 Here are a few tips to make your Amazon clothing purchases work for you:
- Read as many good and bad reviews as possible. You’ll quickly be able to sift out fake or paid for reviews and also those who gave one star because of neglect on their mail carrier’s part (i.e. package left out in rain). Read both the negative and the positive to find out if the item stands up to washing, ironing, wear and tear, etc.
- Look at all of the customer pictures. Many women are gracious enough to list their weight, height, and purchased size. They also give tips on fit. You’ll most likely be able to find someone around your shape to determine if the item will work on you.
- Pay attention to the size chart often shown in the seller’s pictures of the item. Don’t just follow Amazon’s standard size chart for items. The seller will often attach their own size chart written in centimeters with the sizing. There will also be info in the description regarding sizing. Many inexpensive items are from Asia and come in Asian sizing which is MUCH smaller than what we are used to. Don’t be surprised if you have to order an XXL when you’re normally a Medium. Just read the size chart, the reviews, and take the time to convert the world’s pesky metric system into our imperial system. (Divide the length value by 2.54 to convert to inches.) 😉
- Buy items on Prime. In my experience, the clothing items marked as Prime typically have better reviews and a better return policy. Amazon does not accept returns on third-party sellers so you have to pay attention to that before purchasing! Many of the non-Prime items are being shipped from an unreliable seller in China and may even take months to arrive. I recommend staying away from those.
Amazon Dresses (prices at time of posting and subject to change)
1. Black Evening Dress with Side Slit – $24.99
I wore this dress for formal night on a cruise and received so many compliments on it! For under $25, it’s a fantastic find. It comes in several colors, but I would advise sticking with the darker colors as the white may be see-through. The material is a weird bathing-suit like fabric which makes it great for travel but admittedly not the most high-quality dress. It’s a beautiful inexpensive option for a formal dress! I recommend sizing up. I’m wearing a large here.
2. Striped Midi Dress – $19.98
This dress also comes in a solid green, black, and yellow stripe and runs very small! I bought the Medium and it fits well. The blue stripes are much lighter in person than in the online photo. It wasn’t a deal breaker for me, but I was expecting the dress to be navy and white. It also has a somewhat open back with tassel tie. I plan on sewing on a snap instead, as I’m not a fan of the tassel for this style dress. Overall, a lovely dress for church or summer brunch!
3. Cotton Backless Boho Dress – $29.99
I love this dress! It comes in many different colors and fits true to size. The back is very open and sexy so may not be for everyone. It’s perfect for the beach or a cruise! The reviews mention that it is a dupe for a popular Free People dress.
4. Halter Mini Sundress – $22.99
This is the little sister to the dress above. It’s a fantastic beach cover up or cruise wear dress. It’s very open in the back so keep that in mind.
5. Verdusa Women’s Casual V Neck Long Maxi Dress – $22.99
I have this maxi dress in both the navy stripe and the gray and love them both! I think these dresses will be my uniform for the summer. They are so incredibly comfortable and forgiving! I recommend sizing down. I am wearing an XS in this dress and bought the S in the gray. The gray is longer in length than the XS making it more difficult to wear with flats. My sandals are also from Amazon and can be found here.
6. Floor Length Maxi Skirt – $15.95
This maxi skirt comes in over 35 colors and is incredibly soft and comfy! It is very form-fitting so any lumps or bumps will show if you wear it without shapewear. It’s a great skirt to toss on over a bathing suit for a day trip! It fits true to size. I’m wearing a medium. My black v-neck t-shirt is also from Amazon and can be found here. The lace tie sandals tie at the ankle and are super cute! They can be found here.
Amazon Swimsuits & Cover Ups
1. Leaves Print Short Sleeve Jumpsuit Romper – $17.99
This romper fits true to size and looks adorable poolside! It was my favorite cover up to wear while on vacation. Shop for it here.
2. Crochet Lace Cover Up – $18.99
I bought this cover up last year and still love it! It is very beautiful and fits as expected.
3. Wrap Two Piece Swimsuit – $25.99
This bikini comes in several colors and patterns. I’m wearing a medium. The bottoms are fairly full-coverage in the back. The tie top is fun and managed to stay put on several water slides!
4. Out of Office Hat – $17.99
I love this cute hat for keeping the sun off of my face! It comes in a bunch of different sayings.
5. GG Buckle Gucci Knockoff Belt – $25
I thought I’d include this in the round-up since it’s a hot item right now. The original designer belt is priced $450. This replica isn’t as beautiful as the original, but it is a very cute brown leather belt. The seller received mixed reviews but my product arrived quickly and was packaged nicely.
Want more of my Amazon finds? Click here to see my Amazon store!