Every year right before Christmas, Melissa from 320 Sycamore hosts a “Favorite Things” party. This year she asked me if I’d like to join in her blog hop and of course I answered yes! I love learning about new products that bloggers recommend, and I’m always willing to share what is currently working for me. If you’re visiting from Keep Home Simple, welcome! So let’s get to it! All of my favorite things below are affiliate linked for convenience.
1. Revlon Lip Butter. I am a lip balm addict, but I like some color to my lips and most tinted lipgloss just doesn’t cut it. Revlon Lip Butters are awesome. They are dewey, hydrate your lips, and provide beautiful color. I own several shades, but Pink Truffle is my favorite.
2. Macarons. Oh-my-yum! I love macarons not to be confused with macaroons. Macarons are really tricky to bake and are expensive to buy—which is what makes them a real treat. You can find them online and at french bakeries.
3. Intellibed Gel Mattress. Just a few years ago we bought a very expensive, ridiculously plush pillow top mattress, and while sleeping on it I suffered from back pain, insomnia, TMJ, and restless legs. I was MISERABLE and so sick of not being able to sleep. In June I did a ton of research and decided to upgrade to an intelliBed mattress, and I literally have NOT had a night of insomnia since. That, my friends, is nothing short of miraculous! I actually sleep through the entire night—something I haven’t done in years. What makes this mattress different from foam mattresses is the gel support. The mattress is firm and supportive without making your limbs fall asleep or feeling too hard. I LOVE this mattress and asked the company to give my readers a discount if they chose to buy one. Use the coupon code: HOMESTORIESATOZ to get 10% off. Message me with any questions you have about this mattress.
4. Olay Regenerist. I have tried several different moisturizers over the years and I always return to my old faithful—Regenerist. It seems to minimize my fine lines and gives my skin a healthy glow. I put it on after I wash my face in the morning and at night.
I bought this saw a few years ago and it gave me slight heart palpitations to hand over my credit card for this purchase. It was an investment piece for sure! However this saw has enabled me to put up board and batten, build our Ikea Billy built-ins, build an ottoman, build a plank wall, and complete some crafts. I am no “Ana White” and have a long way to go towards improving my carpentry skills, but this saw makes DIY’ing so much easier and less daunting!
6. Zumba. Okay, don’t laugh, but I absolutely love to dance. I always have loved dancing even though I’m not particularly good at it and lack coordination. The last few months I have worked hard to drop some weight and consistent exercise has been key. However, I really only ENJOY a few forms of exercise. I like hiking in the Rocky Mountains during the summer. I like snorkeling in Cozumel, and I like to dance (anywhere!). I built up the confidence to join a gym and started taking Zumba classes, and I’m completely hooked! It’s so much better to do a live class than jumping around your living room to a DVD but that works in a pinch. There is just something about being part of a group and dancing together that keeps it fun and keeps me motivated to do it again! Plus my heart and calorie monitor watch lets me know that I burn between 500-600 calories every class. Woohoo!
7. White fluffy bedding. I love the versatility that white bedding lends a room. You can change the look in an instant with toss pillows and throws. In our guest bedroom, I have a fluffy, white Anthropologie duvet (that looks almost identical to the one pictured below) and in our master bedroom I have a white pintucked comforter.
8. J.R. Watkins Hand Soap. I am a sucker for good branding and all J.R. Watkins labels are gorgeous! But more importantly J.R. Watkins soap is formulated with natural ingredients and essential oils so it’s great on my boys’ sensitive skin. I buy mine at Target and can often find it on sale/clearance.
9. Divergent. If you liked the Hunger Games series, then you will probably like the Divergent series. I really enjoyed the first book the best and am looking forward to the movie in March!
10. Ghiradelli Dark & Caramel Sea Salt Squares. Ghiradelli chocolate is one of my favs. I like their cocoa, their chocolate chips, and definitely their chocolate squares. These squares have gooey caramel in the center that is simply divine. I’m a chocoholic (hence the need for number 6!) and I highly recommend these babies.
Thanks again Melissa for including me! Next on your stop is the DIY Showoff. Roeshel has great taste, so I’m excited to see what made her list this year. On Thursday, Melissa will host a link party so if you blog and want to share your own favorite things get your posts ready!