Step-by-step instructions on how to make this semi-homemade Strawberry Shortcake Easter Bunny Parfait Recipe! Video tutorial included!
Strawberry Shortcake Parfaits Jump to Recipe
This special dessert combines layers of fresh strawberries, angel food cake, strawberry glaze, and cream cheese whipped cream topped with a cake and marshmallow bunny! Perfect for Easter, themed birthdays, baby showers and more, these bunny-themed desserts are sure to delight all of your guests. I saw a similar inspiration photo shared online with no recipe, and no known source. I was inspired to create my own recipe for these strawberry shortcake bunny parfaits and encourage you to also modify this recipe to fit your own needs! Colors and berry options can easily be swapped to fit your themed party needs.
What main ingredients comprise the Strawberry Shortcake Easter Bunny Parfait besides strawberries?
Bunny Body: Hostess Snowball
The bunny is made from one pink Hostess Snowball dipped in powdered sugar giving it a very pale pink appearance. Hostess makes white Snowballs; however, I wasn’t able to find any in my local grocery stores. You can sometimes find them linked here on Amazon. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. The bunny hands are made from a normal sized marshmallow cut in half.
Bunny Ears and a Safety Note: Marshmallows
The bunny ears are made from S’more Marshmallows which are flatter and square in shape. When cut, they make the perfect ears and the exposed sticky marshmallow is perfect for dipping in pink sanding sugar to create the inside portion of the ear. I attached the marshmallow ears to the body with toothpicks. I served this dessert to a small group of teens and adults and announced before serving that everyone should first remove the marshmallow ears and toothpicks before eating. If making these for small children, or a large gathering I would use edible toothpicks or attempt to attach the ears with icing. Safety first!
Bunny Face: Various Candies
The bunny eyes are made from two chocolate chips and the nose is a candy pearl dipped in pink sugar.
Strawberry Glaze: Sweetened and Cooked Macerated Strawberries
The strawberry glaze is made from cooked macerated strawberries, sugar, and a small amount of strawberry jello.
Cream Cheese Whipped Cream: Heavy Cream and Cream Cheese
The whipped cream layer holds its shape and is made by combining whipped heavy cream and sugar with whipped cream cheese.
Angel Food Cake
Feel free to use whatever cake layer you’d like in your Strawberry Shortcake Parfaits! My family loves angel food cake but pound cake, strawberry cake, vanilla, or even chocolate cake will work.
How do you assemble the Strawberry Shortcake Easter Bunny?
This recipe has many easy components which when written out appear much more complicated in writing than in reality! Please don’t be scared off by the lengthy recipe and please take the time to watch the following one minute video showing how to assemble the parfaits and bunny toppers!
Strawberry Shortcake Easter Bunny Parfait Recipe
- 1 pint fresh strawberries
- ⅓ cup white sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp strawberry flavored jello
Cream Cheese Whipped Cream
- 6 ounces heavy whipping cream
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- ⅓ cup powdered sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
Strawberry Shortcake Parfait Layers
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced into rounds Reserve 4 whole strawberries for garnish
- 1 angel food cake, cubed
- strawberry glaze
- cream cheese whipped cream
- bunny toppers
- 4 Hostess Snowballs Bunny Body
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar in plastic bag Optional for Bunny Body
- 2 s'more sized marshmallows, cut into strips Bunny Ears
- 2 tbsp pink sanding sugar Bunny Ears
- 8 toothpicks Bunny Ear Holders
- 4 pink pearl candies Bunny Nose
- 8 chocolate chips Bunny Eyes
- 2 regular marshmallows, cut in half Bunny Paws
- 4 whole strawberries Garnish
- Rinse, drain, decap, and roughly cut strawberries.
- In a medium saucepan over medium to medium-high heat, combine the strawberries, sugar, and vanilla. Macerate berries with wooden spoon to release juices. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring frequently until mixture thickens.
- Add strawberry jello to mixture. Place strawberry glaze in jar and place in refrigerator until ready to use. Make sure glaze is completely chilled before use.
Cream Cheese Whipped Cream
- Beat heavy cream with sugar and vanilla until soft peaks form. Do not overmix.
- In a separate bowl, cream the cream cheese until smooth and fluffy.
- With a rubber scraper, fold the cream cheese into the whipped cream until well combined.
- Place cream cheese whipped cream mixture into a piping bag and store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
Strawberry Shortcake Parfait Layers
- To layer your parfait, use 18 ounce glasses and place a dollop of strawberry glaze in the bottom of each followed by a layer of fresh strawberries tucked around the outer edge of the glasses.
- Next, add a layer of cubed angel food cake and add more fresh strawberries to the outer perimeter of the glasses.
- Top angel food cake with piped cream cheese whipped cream, strawberry glaze, and more fresh strawberries. Continue layers until top of glass is reached and the top of glass is level. Do not overfill.
- Unwrap your pink Hostess Snowballs and shake in bag of powdered sugar to create a white sheen if desired. Place Snowball on top of completed and level parfait.
- Follow bunny topper instructions.
- With kitchen shears, cut s'more marshmallows into strips to create 8 bunny ears. Dip sticky side of marshmallow strips into pink sanding sugar to create the inner portion of the ear. Attach ears to Snowball using edible toothpicks (found on Amazon) or other safe option.
- Push chocolate chips into place to create eyes and attach the candy pearl nose using a small amount of cream cheese whipped cream.
- Cut regular sized marshmallows in half and gently stuff into front of glass to create bunny paws.
- Place strawberry garnish on glass. Cut a vertical slit into whole strawberries without completely cutting in half and slide strawberry into center of glass between the bunny marshmallow "paws".
You might also enjoy: