Whether it’s a “trash to treasure” furniture makeover or a treasured family heirloom given an updated look, furniture makeovers are some of my favorite projects to feature! I’ve chosen 12 fabulous furniture makeovers to inspire you. Thank you to all of the bloggers who submitted their tutorials! Click on the blue/gray links to be taken to the tutorials.
1. CANE BACK CHAIR MAKEOVER BY HOME STORIES A TO Z
These chairs were rescued from a basement and brought back to life. I love the transformation!
2. VINTAGE DRESSER MAKEOVER BY SAW NAIL AND PAINT
I love that she was able to keep the original hardware for the piece. That is always a bonus!
3. SIDE TABLE MAKEOVER BY WONDERFULLY MADE BY LESLIE
The bottom was not even part of a table! Very cute idea.
4. MOROCCAN STENCILED TABLE BY SIMPLE NATURE DECOR
This stencil totally transforms her table and makes the piece so unique!
5. MILK PAINT WASHING BY THIRTY EIGHTH STREET
Full tutorial on how to create a milk paint wash with this makeover.
6. EDWARDIAN OCTAGON TABLE BY THE INTERIOR FRUGALISTA
She did a great job breathing new life into this damaged, antique table!
7. CREATING A FAUX FIREPLACE MANTEL BY REPURPOSE AND UPCYCLE
This tutorial is great for those wanting to add a mantel to your home.
8. TEA CART MAKEOVER BY THE NAVAGE PATCH
Serve drinks in style by updating a vintage tea cart.
9. POTTING BENCH AND BEVERAGE STATION BY SIMPLICITY IN THE SOUTH
This was once a separate hutch and a desk!
10. DIY VINTAGE CRATES BY KLEINWORTH CO
Find out how to get the look of a vintage crate with this full tutorial.
11. COFFEE TABLE MAKEOVER BY ORPHANS WITH MAKEUP
Check out how she created the details on the side of the table! Psst, they were not part of the original table.
12. SIDE TABLE MAKEOVERS BY GRANDMA’S HOUSE DIY
Black paint is always a great way to freshen up dated side tables.