Looking to paint your front door? Let’s find the best color for your door!
Painting your front door is the easiest way to give your home fresh new curb appeal. Picking a color can be quite a difficult decision! I’ve rounded up some fun doors to hopefully give you inspiration to help with your decision. And if you’re still undecided after seeing these doors, I have yet another post full of great color ideas: 27 Best Front Door Paint Color Ideas for you to browse through. Most of these doors have the exact door color, but any pictures labeled with an * is my best estimation of the color match. Please click the blue/gray links to be taken to the original source with more information about the paint brand, color, and even better pictures of the house and door. Thanks for stopping by the blog today, and I’d love to hear what color you’ve decided on for your own door!
Shop Favorite Paint Products
BLUE PAINT COLORS
1. SHERWIN WILLIAMS WATERSCAPE BY ONCE UPON A 1912
You can find Kay and her beautiful front porch over on Instagram at onceupona1912 – she has a full listing of all of her exterior design choices on almost every exterior photograph on her account. If you love this picture, you’ll love all of her pictures!
2. FARROW & BALL DIX BLUE BY BLUE BARN AND COTTAGE
Loren from Blue Barn and Cottage painted the interior of her door Dix Blue as well. Gorgeous inspiration!
3. BEHR PEEK A BLUE BY HOME STORIES A TO Z
This back door is in Behr Peek a Blue, and you can go read all about the entire back porch transformation using paint. It was remarkable!
4. SHERWIN WILLIAMS COOLED BLUE* BY COUNTRY LIVING
Sherwin Williams Cooled Blue is a beautiful contrast with this farmhouse style, white home.
5. VALSPAR STARRY SKY BY HGTV
Valspar Starry Sky looks great with these non-traditional fall colors. Love it!
6. VALSPAR BLUE LOBSTER BY MODERN GLAM
This color is so fun! Ashley has painted her door many times, and has a great post for door painting: How to Paint Your Front Door in One Afternoon
7. BENJAMIN MOORE HALE NAVY* BY BLESSER HOUSE
Lauren’s classic suburban porch from her previous home is perfect with her navy blue door.
8. SHERWIN WILLIAMS INDIGO BY SOUTHERN LIVING
Blue perfection in the Craftsman style home! Photos by Hector Manuel Sanchez.
9. BEHR INKED BY BLUE DOOR LIVING
This deep blue by Blue Door Living is the inspiration for her blog! Striking color against her white, brick home.
10. SHERWIN WILLIAMS SASSY GREEN BY SOUTHERN LIVING
Sassy green is so pretty on this farmhouse style home. Photos by Laurey W. Glenn.
11. BEHR FRESH APPLE BY BEHR
A cheery and elegant green makes this house have enormous curb appeal!
12. VALSPAR VEGAS GREEN BY c.1895
Cricket from c.1895 painted her door Valspar Vegas Green. She’s painted her door numerous times, and you can find all of the pretty colors she chose over on her Instagram account at c.1895.
13. SHERWIN WILLIAMS LEMON TWIST BY SIMPLY SOUTHERN COTTAGE
Sara from Simply Southern Cottage has an absolutely gorgeous porch, and the yellow door sets the perfect tone for such a happy, cheerful atmosphere. Go find Sara over on Instagram!
14. BENJAMIN MOORE LIGHTENING BUG* CREATIVELY LIVING BLOG
I love this entire porch, but the door is the star of the show for this particular post. This shade of yellow is perfect with the exterior color of the home.
15. FARROW & BALL NANCY’S BLUSHES BY SHINING ON DESIGN
Samantha from Shining on Design went from red to pink, and her color choice is lovely!
16. SHERWIN WILLIAMS CORAL PERFECTION BY NESTING WITH GRACE
Brooke from Nesting with Grace painted her door a few times over the first few years they lived in their home, but currently has a gorgeous pink door that has to be the star of their entire street. You can read all about her home and porch renovation over on her blog. She has several posts that show some amazing before and after inspiration.
17. SHERWIN WILLIAMS SWEETENED PLUM BY HOMESTEAD128
Becky from homestead128 has the cutest farmhouse porch on the block! She stenciled her floors, painted her door, and installed those cute numbers you see there in the picture. So darling!
18. SHERWIN WILLIAMS COSMIC PEACH BY LOLLY JANE
This adorable dutch door is a new addition, and I love it! So cute with the gray exterior.
19. DECOART CONTEMPORARY CORAL BY LOLLY JANE
Twin sisters Kristi and Kelli from Lolly Jane have painted these doors quite a few times, and you can find all the colors over on their blog. This coral beauty is Contemporary Coral by DecoArt.
20. BEHR TART ORANGE* BY HGTV
Orange is always a fun, playful color!
21. VALSPAR AUTUMN ENCHANTMENT* LITTLE BITS OF HOME
Perfect fall color to compliment this greige exterior.
22. SHERWIN WILLIAMS REAL RED BY SIMPLICITY IN THE SOUTH
Tricia from Simplicity in the South chose a bold red for her gray bungalow. Sherwin Williams Real Red is a very popular red!
23. BEHR HAUTE COUTURE BY MY PURPOSED PLACE
Jen from My Purposed Place recently gave her entire front entryway a makeover! You need to go see that transformation! (Hint: the beautiful arched awning was NOT original to her home!)
24. VALSPAR QUITE RED BY THE MORRIS MANOR
Katrina’s 100 year old farmhouse was recently featured in HGTV Magazine! You can read all about that amazing experience here. Congratulations, Katrina!
25. PRATT & LAMBERT CREATIVE THINKER BY SOUTHERN LIVING
This door is unique because the glass storm door is painted the same color as the main door to the home. Really fun color on this Georgian style home. Photo by Laurey W. Glenn.
26. BENJAMIN MOORE FRAPPE* BY HGTV
When the color of your home is bold, a neutral door is sometimes the best choice! This combo is great together.
27. BENJAMIN MOORE SUPER WHITE BY CREEK LINE HOUSE
Courtenay from Creek Line House likes to keep things simple, and her white door suits her perfectly! This post also contains a DIY tutorial for the boxwood wreath. So pretty!
28. TRUE VALUE SAND TRAP BY TWELVE ON MAIN
Sara from Twelve on Main chose Sand Trap for her front porch. She has a gorgeous home, and I highly recommend you go and see the entire exterior!
29. BENJAMIN MOORE GREYHOUND BY SOUTHERN LIVING
Neutral loving friends will love this home!
30. BENJAMIN MOORE WROUGHT IRON BY MODERN GLAM
Ashley from Modern Glam loves decorating her porch and door for the seasons. She has a great post with different decor for every month that you can find here.
31. SHERWIN WILLIAMS TRICORN BLACK* BY CRAFTBERRY BUSH
Lucy from Craftberry Bush always has a gorgeous porch, and the neutral doors really allow her creative designs to shine each season. I particularly loved her fall porch!
32. RUSTOLEUM GLOSS BLACK BY SNAZZY LITTLE THINGS
Jeanette from Snazzy Little Things has a full tutorial for painting exterior doors that you need to check out! Very helpful!
I hope this post helped you in your decision with painting your door! If you’d like other great color ideas, check out this post: