DIY Office Spaces! I love these ideas for office makeovers, organization, and decor. Lots of great ideas for spaces of all sizes in this post to inspire you!
Many of us are finding ourselves and/or our kids working and studying from home more than ever this year. Having a fun and organized space can be crucial for success in business and school if you are someone who thrives best on being surrounded by inspiration. So let’s inspire each other by looking at these great ideas for office spaces! Please click on the blue/gray links to be taken to the original source with more pictures and ideas. Pin the collage for easier reference! Thanks for stopping by the blog today. 🙂
Tip 1: Turn your office space in your home to a more professional area to help change your mindset to work-mode.
1. Masculine Office Makeover by Home Stories A to Z
Turn your plain office or extra bedroom into a completely different space by adding wall treatments such a trim or wallpaper. If your home office looks unlike any other room in your home, it can sometimes help put your mind into “work-mode.” You can find all the sources for this space in the post.
2. Gorgeous Office Decor by Thrifty Decor Chick
An at-home office can be gorgeous, professional, AND cozy all at the same time!
3. Board and Batten Office by Sprucing Up Mamahood
Try adding a bold board and batten design to make your office a happy, yet productive space. Sometimes it’s all about the mindset!
4. Navy and Grey Office Makeover by Angela Marie Made
Simple, elegant, and uncluttered office design! So lovely.
Tip 2: Organize your office space in creative ways. What inspires you should surround you!
1. Organize Your Office by The Turquoise Home
If at all possible, give your printer a dedicated table! They’re clunky and take up way too much room on a desk.
2. Office Makeover by Christina Marie Blog
This design is great for the whole family! Christina has very thoughtful ideas for families on her blog. Go take a look!
3. Office Makeover and Design by Tidbits
If you are looking for something very specific, or to fit in a small or large space, custom built pieces can be the best way to go! The shelving above the desk is great for containing large or heavy items. If you are handy and would like to replicate this look, you can find all the details over on Tidbits!
3. Home Office Design by Kaleidoscope Living
This desk design idea would work really well for a family with virtual students!
4. Home Office Makeover Reveal by Two Twenty One
This is an oldie from Chelsea over at Two Twenty One, but this office design is classic and super helpful for organizing lots of items.
5. Home Office Storage and Organization by White House Black Shutters
Creative organization idea can be found here!
6. DIY Dorm Room School Supplies by Home Stories A to Z
This post was originally created to inspire dorm room school supplies, but there are tons of cute ideas for ANY office or study space!
Tip 3: Build your own desk or give a desk a makeover to improve your office space.
DIY Desk Ideas
1. Butcher Block Desk by Beneath My Heart
Traci wanted a large desk, and sometimes the easiest and least expensive way to achieve this is by using a butcher block as your desktop.
2. IKEA Alex Desk Hack by Hydrangea Treehouse
This is a great plan if you need a large amount of workspace!
3. IKEA Desk Hack Less than $60 by Pretty Providence
Very affordable and adorable! Try this IKEA hack for an inexpensive desk idea.
4. DIY Chippendale Desk by Rain on a Tin Roof
This DIY chippendale desk is gorgeous, and does require some skill, but Jenna provides a full tutorial to help guide you!
5. DIY Desk by Mason de Pax
These desks are made using an IKEA hack nightstand. So unique!
6. DIY Bar Desk Tutorial by She Holds Dearly
This style desk is great for any room in your home where you have some wall space!
7. Studio Desk Hack by Jones Design Company
These dressers are from IKEA and were modified to fit height for a desk. Perfect use of this space!
8. Plywood Desk IKEA Hack by Growing Spaces
This plywood desk idea is brilliant for kids and small spaces. Heather also added plywood around the furniture, making the look more cohesive and gives added stability to IKEA furniture.
9. IKEA Desk Hack by Jessica Welling Interiors
IKEA hacks are so common these days that they should be renamed to “IKEA Builds.” So gorgeous and a great use of the wall space. Jessica did have to add a bar in the middle to help with sagging of the wood, and you can see that info in her post. This room is also used for home schooling.
Tip 4: Add an office space to a guest bedroom to make better use of your home, and for the ability to close the door at the end of the work day.
Bedroom Office Ideas:
1. Office and Reading Nook by Saw, Nail, & Paint
Tuck a small office in a corner of a guest room!
2. Master Bedroom Office by The Lettered Cottage
If you have extra wall space in any room, this is a great idea!
3. Guest Bedroom Office by Home Stories A to Z
Using the space at the end of the bed is perfect for a small office in a guest bedroom. You can read all about the book case hack as well!
Tip 5: Use a closet, nook, or unexpected space for an office.
1. DIY Foldaway Desk Idea by Houseful of Handmade
A loft is not the typical place to put an office, but this DIY desk folds away anytime you’re done working or want to move it around!
2. Closet Turned Office by Kelly Rae Roberts
This is one of my all-time favorite cloffice ideas!
3. Desk Nook Idea by Lolly Jane
Such a great use of this nook! The felt tiles are adorable and so easy to use. Go find out how!
I hope you have been inspired!
You might also like: