First order of business:
I have been asked by Cheri at Its So Very Cheri to let you in on a
big, huge, GINORMOUS announcement. Be sure to mark your calendars for October 1st. All I know is that you need to head on over to her site on Oct 1, so you don’t miss out on the big event. She promises that she has never done anything this grand before! In order to help you remember the date and spread the news, head to her site, grab the button and place it on your sidebar. It is going to be good! Aren’t you curious as to what it could be? I know I am.
Second order of business:
I was honored with the Honest Scrap Award by Ashley at Ashley’s Busy. Three things are funny about this: 1. I thought I was honored with the Honest Crap Award and thought, hmmmm…that’s an interesting thing to give to someone. 2. While checking my email, Jane from Finding Fabulous asked if I’d received this award yet, to which I replied “no”, only to check my next email from Ashley and learn that indeed I had received this award. That should be an indicator of how rapidly this chain letter award is spreading. Both of these ladies are fabulous and worthy of your attention, so check them out when you have the chance. 3. Curious as to the origins of this “Honest Scrap” award I did what every educated resourceful girl in America (the world?) does, I googled it. Apparently it’s an old tobacco company in Cleveland, OH. Weirdness.
Here are the rules that must be followed upon receiving this award: 1) Say thank you and give a link to the presenter of the award.2) Share “10 Honest Things” about yourself.3) Present this award to 7 other blogs who you find wonderful and inspiring.4) Tell those 7 people they’ve been awarded the HONEST SCRAP award and inform them of these guidelines.
Ten Honest (would I ever lie to you?) Things About Beth that you more than likely have no interest in knowing:
1. I hate chain letters and delete them or throw them away immediately upon receipt, so it’s sort of amazing that I’m playing along here.
2. I have my Masters in Counseling and in School Counseling. I worked as a counselor for a decade before staying at home with my boys. I love design and was paid to do some work renovating homes in our neighborhood. I LOVED it!
3. My family is high maintenance. My firstborn has Aspergers (very mild autism), my second has Celiac disease (wheat allergy), and my dog has diabetes and requires insulin injections. I won’t go into said parents’ issues, but they exist.
4. I moved around a lot growing up and had the privilege of living in some amazing homes. I think this started my passion in decorating.
5. I have never been to Europe, but I spent three weeks in Indonesia. (Bali was amazing.)
6. I speak my mind. I am passionate about speaking the truth even when it’s not the popular choice. And yes, I get myself in trouble by not always knowing when to keep silent.
7. I was born with platinum blond hair and every hairdresser I have ever been to suggests I color it red. My response? God gave me the color that millions and millions of women have spent millions and millions to achieve. Why would I deliberately change that?
8. I don’t have cable. I don’t have Netflix. And we only have one cell phone and one car in our family.
9. I experience God best through singing and looking at creation. I fully resonate with “God is in the details.”
10. I have 25 more things here about myself if you aren’t snoring already.
Seven Blogs that Inspire Me:
If they are listed on my sidebar, they are inspiring and visit worthy. I also have a problem following the rules :).