30+ DIY Backyard Projects, Ideas, and Hacks coming at you today! Learn how to build a privacy screen, install a fire pit, and many other fun ideas for your backyard!
Hi there! Today’s post is all about backyard fun! Some of these projects might not be so fun completing, but the end result will be amazing and you’ll love what you’ve accomplished! 🙂 Please click the blue/gray links to be taken to the original source for a full tutorial and even more photos of each project. Be sure to pin the collage for easier reference, and let the bloggers know if you loved their ideas!
DIY Backyard Furniture:
Making your own furniture is sometimes cheaper and it allows for complete customization to fit your space. These bloggers have great ideas!
1. Rustic Table Makeover by Seeking Lavender Lane
This table was originally an outdated glass top version, and Deb worked her magic on building a rustic tabletop. She gave her whole patio set a makeover that you need to go see!
2. DIY Outoor Couch by Angela Marie Made
Wow, this DIY Outdoor Couch is amazing! She also lists where she purchased the ever important cushions!
3. DIY Octagon Coffee Table by Her Tool Belt via Remodelaholic
What a unique, and surprisingly simple coffee table! Well, simple only because Amy provides a full, step-by-step tutorial! You can build this, too!
4. DIY Modern Outdoor Chair by Cherished Bliss
I love these modern, outdoor chairs! Click over and you’ll find the free plans on how to build your own chairs.
5. DIY Outdoor Bar Stools by The DIY Dreamer
Purchasing bar stools can be so expensive, and especially if you are buying them in large quantities. You can learn how to build your own with this tutorial!
6. DIY Farmhouse Potting Bench by Ana White
Build your own potting bench with the help of Ana White! Absolutely gorgeous and fits perfectly in her space.
7. DIY Hammock Stand by Anika’s DIY Life
Anika’s hammock stand is perfectly handcrafted and cozy! You can make one, too!
Backyard Fire Pit Ideas:
1. DIY Gravel Fire Pit by Home Stories A to Z
We mostly used items we had on hand to create our gravel fire pit. You can find the sourcing for other items in the post!
2. DIY Fire Pit Cover by Addicted 2 DIY
Learn how to turn your unused fire pit into a table with this tutorial. Love it!
3. DIY Fire Pit by The Garden Glove
You can use common pavers sold in local home improvement stores to create an inexpensive fire pit.
1. Flower Box Ideas by Home Stories A to Z
Create a gorgeous window box for any side of your home! Why not the backyard as well as the front yard? Adorable!
Want to see more flower box building and styling ideas? Check out these ideas at Window Box Inspiration.
2. DIY Raised Planter Box by Vintage Revivals
I love Mandi’s planters! She gives great tips for the types of wood recommended, and also provides a amazing tutorial making this project achievable for anyone to build!
If you need more above ground garden box ideas, give these a try: 13 Unique DIY Raised Garden Beds
3. DIY Scrap Wood Outdoor Planter by The Inspired Workshop
I love any project that potentially uses scrap wood! These planters are gorgeous.
Backyard Living Spaces:
If you love backyard living, you’ll love these ideas and MORE found here: 20 Amazing Backyard Living Outdoor Spaces
1. Small Patio Decorating Ideas by Bless’er House
Lauren turned her builder-grade small patio area into an oasis! I love her ideas!
2. Large Patio Decorating Inspiration by Home Stories A to Z
Go read some tips on decorating a large patio area! This post is one of my most popular summer time posts!
3. How to Decorate Outdoors by Home Stories A to Z
Surround yourself with things that make you feel cozy, happy, and content! You can find the sourcing in this post if you’re interested where I purchased my items.
1. Urban Picnic Ideas by Home Stories A to Z
Have an outdoor picnic! Lots of fun, uncomplicated ideas in this post.
2. Charcuterie Ideas by Home Stories A to Z
Want to step your picnic game up a notch? Give these ideas a try!
3. Delicious Grilled Mexican Street Corn by Home Stories A to Z
Try a new recipe! We are loving grilled Mexican street corn this summer!
4. How to Make the Perfect Margarita by Thrifty Decor Chick
Summer is synonymous with margaritas for many of us! This is a yummy and refreshing margarita recipe that isn’t too tart.
Are you a fan of Backyard Hacks? You’ll love these ideas and MORE found here: 50 Backyard Hacks
1. How to Hang String Lights by Home Stories A to Z
Looking for other ways to hang string lights? Try these – Ways to Hang String Lights
2. How to Build a Privacy Screen by City Farmhouse
I love how the screen defines the space and allows a great spot to hang lights!
3. DIY Rain Barrel Stand by Handyman’s Daughter
Elevate your rain barrel to allow for the water to drain properly from your barrel. Go learn how to make this amazing life hack!
4. How to Hide an AC Unit by Ugly Duckling House
I love that this tutorial provides coverage without actually covering the top of the AC unit.
5. DIY Utility Box Cover by Kaleidoscope Living
See the swinging door on the left? That closes to cover up her utility box! Perfect and stylish!
6. Balcony or Porch Railing Table by Handy Man’s Daughter
This railing table is perfect for almost any type of railing! So useful!
7. DIY Garden Hose Holder by Kippi at Home
This tutorial is so helpful if you do not want to drill into your house, or if you need to hang a garden hose in the middle of your yard or garden.
Covered Porch Ideas:
These ideas are great for both backyard and front porches!
By Southern Living- You can find this gorgeous porch swing and other porch swing ideas at 12 Porch Swing Plans.
2. Install Curtains on Your Porch by Saw Nail & Paint
Hang a curtain to add some texture to your porch, or to provide a little bit of extra privacy. This porch is adorable and reminds of a doll house! 🙂
3. Paint the Ceiling Blue by Home Stories A to Z
A porch ceiling painted blue is a simple way to change your whole porch view!
1. DIY Cornhole Board by Home Stories A to Z
Cornhole boards are so much fun! Make one or two and let the backyard games begin!
2. DIY Oversized Jenga Game by Jen Woodhouse
Great project for your leftover scrap wood!
I hope you have enjoyed these ideas! If you are a fan of life hacks, you will love these posts: