Delicious, foolproof, easy peasy, dump and go slow cooker chicken taco soup recipe! Seriously, just dump all of the ingredients into the slow cooker, turn it on, and enjoy a good dinner.
From fall to early spring, I make this easy and practically foolproof crock pot soup every other week. The only reason I say practically foolproof is because I know some of you could prove me wrong!😂 But seriously, if you can dump ingredients into a slow cooker, and turn the machine on, AND set the timer, then I have confidence in you to make this soup!
So many slow cooker and instant pot recipes I find online want you to mess with the ingredients along the way. Who has time for that? If I’m making something in my slow cooker it’s because it’s going to be a busy day, and I don’t have time to defrost, braise, simmer, etc. This is truly a DUMP and GO recipe and the beauty of it is that you can add or subtract optional ingredients to tailor this chicken taco soup to your family’s tastes. Sometimes I add corn, black beans, or rice. Sometimes I have toppings to add in like sour cream, tortilla chip crumbles, avocado, and cilantro. You can get as fancy or as simple with it as you desire!
Here are the main ingredients I use. NOTE: I typically use cream cheese at the end of the recipe instead of Velveeta. However, given our times and the possibility of needing some items with longer shelf-life, the Velveeta works beautifully and quite frankly tastes amazing.
Dump your frozen chicken tenderloins, salsa, diced tomatoes, taco seasoning and cheese into your crockpot and cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 4-5. Once done, use a whisk to break up any cheese lumps and to shred the chicken. I usually whisk it at the end for about three minutes to thoroughly combine everything. That’s it!
This recipe serves about eight hungry adults and can definitely be stretched much further with add-ins such as rice and black beans.
I hope you enjoy it as much as we do! Feel free to pin to Pinterest to save for later!
- 8-10 frozen chicken tenderloins
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 32 ounces of Fresh Salsa (I use Italian Rose brand.)
- 1 can Ro-Tel diced tomatoes
- 1 block cream cheese OR 1 block Queso Blanco Velveeta, cubed
- Optional Ingredients:
- 1 bag frozen corn
- 1 can black beans, rinsed
- Dump frozen chicken breasts, taco seasoning, salsa, diced tomatoes, and cubed Velveeta into the slow cooker. If using cream cheese instead of Velveeta, reserve until soup is cooked and then add in. Cook on high for 4-5 hours or on low for 6-8 hours. Once cooked, use a whisk to combine all ingredients thoroughly.
- Optional Ingredients: Corn, black beans, rice
- Optional Toppings: Cheese, tortilla chips, avocado, sour cream, cilantro
Looking for more easy soup recipes? Click here for 12 Cozy Quick and Easy Soup Recipes