Who the heck am I to be giving out fashion tips? No one, that is who. But really this is the beauty in all that I do. I’m just a girlfriend, telling you what works for me and hoping that maybe some of it will work for you too!
So here is the 411 on where I find some great deals on clothes! (It should be noted that I’m NOT a designer snob. If it’s cute and looks like it won’t disintegrate in the wash, I’m all for it.)
1. Gabriel Brothers. If you live in MD, OH, PA, or VA you’re in luck! You might just have one of these gems near you! (If you live in the south look for Rugged Wearhouse. I think they are the same thing and are definitely owned by the same company.) I find the most amazing deals on designer clothing and shoes from this store. Yes, you have to search and yes the clothing might be a second, but if you’re up for the hunt…the treasure can be yours! Tip: Take some baby wipes with you. If clothing has a mark on it that comes off with a baby wipe, you know it’s not a permanent stain and just needs to be washed.
2. Ross (TJ Maxx & Marshalls). I don’t think all of you have these stores either, but Ross is right up there with Marshall’s and TJ Maxx for me. However, if I’m shopping for dresses, I always hit Ross first. They have a fabulous selection of dresses at amazingly low prices. Tip: If you’re not incredibly tall, don’t shy away from petite sizes. In dresses, I find I can wear a petite size with no problem.
3. Outlets. I don’t go very often, but when I do I always find great deals! Our Gap outlet never disappoints.
4. Forever 21. Okay, I have to admit that I’m a bit self conscious entering this store and I have no allusions that I am “forever 21”. However, this store has fantastic prices and their accessories section should not be missed!
5. Target. I love Target for “play clothes”, pj’s, sandals, and swimwear. Don’t overlook their clearance racks that are sometimes hiding near the dressing rooms or even in the back of the maternity section. You can find some steals there!