Every year I love to share with you my favorite tried and true products! Today I’m teaming up with some friends to bring you our top gift recommendations for 2019. You can find all of the links to all of the gift guides at the end of this post. Gift ideas range from home decor to fashion and beauty finds. Let’s go shopping together!
Favorite Health & Beauty Finds
Whether you choose these beauty and health items as stocking stuffers for your daughter or splurge and just buy some of these for yourself, I think you’ll love them all as much as I do! I’m picky and stand by each one of these.
1. Neutrogena Hydroboost Gel Cream – With over 2500 5 star reviews on Amazon, I’m obviously not the only one who loves this stuff! My friend Chris from Just a Girl introduced this to me back when we were together at a blog conference and I was hooked. My face gets very dry in the winter and this stuff does an amazing job at hydrating your skin without leaving it feeling greasy. It feels good going on and I wear it as a night-cream as well as first thing in the morning after cleansing and before makeup.
2. Rembrandt Sonic Teeth Whitening Toothbrush I love this toothbrush! You charge it and it lasts forever before needing to be recharged. It has three separate settings, daily, max, and gentle which allows you to choose your level of clean. I use it with my charcoal toothpaste and my mouth feels so incredibly clean after use. My teeth also stay whiter longer. Compared to many other electric toothbrushes, this one is super affordable.
3. Kylie Jenner Lip Kit in shade Kylie – I was skeptical as to whether or not I would like this product and I have to admit I love it! I get compliments every time I wear this liner and matte lipstick. It’s beautiful and just enough color for me. I top it with some NYX Butter Gloss in Creme Brulee and it’s perfect!
4. L’oreal Voluminous Lash Paradise in Blackest Black I had this mascara on my list last year as well. It’s just that good! It gives me volume and length without clumping and doesn’t flake off. It stays put during my sweaty workouts but washes off with cleanser and water.
5. Toppik Hair Building Fibers I have a very pink scalp and very thin hair. I don’t love being able to see my scalp at the back of my head and this stuff works wonders. You can also use it around your forehead when you have an updo to create a more even hairline. It’s a colored powder and texturizer that builds up the fibers of your while disguising any scalp that might be peaking through. Great to use in conjunction with dry shampoo on days when your hair is greasy.
6. HSI Professional Argan Oil Thermal Protector – This stuff had over 4000 5 star reviews on Amazon so I thought I’d try it out. It does a great job at keeping my hair extensions soft and protected from heat. I spray it on my towel dried hair paying close attention to the ends.
7. Olaplex Hair Perfector No. 3 – This stuff is pricey; however, if you have dry and damaged hair it is worth the cost! I treated myself to hair extensions for my birthday over the summer and keeping my extensions as soft and shiny as my own hair has taken some experimenting! About once a month, I use this stuff to bring back the shine and bounce to my locks.
8. Kenra Volume Dry Shampoo – I teach Zumba a few times each work and workout about 4-5 days a week. I don’t have time to wash and dry my hair daily so this stuff is a lifesaver! Most dry shampoos just don’t work well for me but so far I’m pleased with the Kenra dry shampoo. I spray it at my roots and work it into my hair and then brush and style as normal.
9. SunIn Hair Lightener – Does anyone remember this stuff from the 80’s? I didn’t even realize that they made it any longer! I just recently rediscovered it after seeing someone on Instagram talking about and decided to give it another try! This stuff will turn very dark hair orange, so I don’t recommend it for deep brunettes. But if you’re a natural blonde like me who just needs a tiny boost during the winter months this stuff is perfect! It lightens very gradually and looks very natural. My hair tends to get darker in the winter when I’m out of the sun and ends up looking greasy and dull. The SunIn helps lighten my new growth back to my summer shade.
10. Dual Channel TENS EMS Unit 24 Modes Muscle Stimulator for Pain Relief Therapy – My friend Traci introduced me to this TENS unit and it’s amazing for muscle pain relief! It comes with a ton of different settings and pads and is fun to use. My lower back and neck are often very tense and this helps relieve the tension and pain.
Favorite Fashion Finds
1. Cozy Clog Slippers – These feel like heaven on your feet! They are warm and cozy, easy to fling on and off, and sturdy enough to run to get the kids from school in. No judging! 😉
2. High-Waisted Ballerina Tie Leggings – I always get compliments on my cute tie leggings at the gym! They are feminine and fun and come in 20 different patterns to choose from. I own several. The leggings are high waisted but don’t really suck you in. The fabric is thinner than my compression leggings, but for the price the quality is good and they look so cute and stay in place.
3. Long Sleeve Criss Cross V Neck Knitted Sweater Backless – I own this sweater in black in size Medium and love it. It’s lightweight enough for the South but warm enough to keep me cozy. I wear it with a bralette since the back is open and it looks cute with jeans and black booties.
4. Incredibly Affordable Black Booties – Speaking of black booties, these are my current fave. They are under $15, look adorable, and feel like slippers.
Favorite Home Decor Finds
1. Peel and Stick Floor Tile – One of the boldest and best moves I made in making our kitchen my own was to update the floor tile with peel and stick tiles. The tiles are temporary, durable, easy to clean, beautiful, and way more affordable than replacing the tile. Two years later and they are still going strong!
2. Antiqued Arch Floor Mirror – This floor mirror was a major splurge item for me, but several years later and I still love it just as much as the day I bought it! Floor mirrors are a great way to add the illusion of extra square footage and create a dramatic focal point in any room.
Here’s the same mirror pictured in our previous home. You can see my old bathroom here if interested.
3. Heated Electric Car Blanket – Okay, so granted this is for the car and not the home but it’s brilliant and fantastic and everyone needs one! It’s an electric blanket that you plug into your car’s 12 V electrical outlet and stay warm when your husband has the heat off on the road trip. Or you can stay warm while you tailgate, go to an outdoor movie, stargaze, car camp, etc.!
4. YI 4pc Home Camera, 1080p Wi-Fi IP Security Surveillance Smart System – I bought these cameras on Prime day and love being able to monitor our home when I’m away, see when my Amazon packages have been delivered, and check in on the dogs when I need to. We used to have a smart doorbell but I actually like these better. You can pay a monthly service for police notification security if desired. I feel safer when my husband is out of town knowing I have these watching for me at all times.
Thanks so much for stopping by and checking out some of my favorite things this year! Looking for more ideas? Stop by and visit my friends gift guides’ below!