I’m excited to share some Christmas porch decorating ideas with you today for Just a Girl’s Christmas Room Tour! If you are visiting from Melissa’s at 320 Sycamore, Pippin and Eowyn the Pomeranians welcome you to our humble abode! I haven’t shared my full Christmas home tour yet and have to admit that I am really enjoying spreading it out a bit. In order to reduce the stress of sharing the entire Christmas home tour in ONE post, Chris thought it would be refreshing to just pick our favorite room to share. Of course I picked my porch. 🙂 Is it weird that my favorite room to decorate isn’t even inside our house? Some might say it’s not really a room at all. Maybe it’s because it’s the first thing that greets you, or maybe it’s because I live in the city but long for a farmhouse–whatever it is there is just something about my front porch that screams “WELCOME” and makes me love it the most.
Typically when you think of people sitting and chatting on the porch, you might envision some sprawling farmhouse down south where people still do that sort of thing. But you might be surprised to learn that the urban porch is quite the happening place in cities. If urban dwellers don’t have a full front porch to sit on, then they often make do with their “stoop”–a.k.a. their front steps. It’s a great way to connect with neighbors and offer hospitality without even needing to vacuum. 🙂
I’m going to stop talking and just let you come up on the porch, sit in the rocker, have a hot chocolate, and enjoy the view. And phew, I’m going to join you! Planning, decorating, shooting, editing, and posting about it all is a crazy amount of hard work so be sure to hug a blogger who inspires you today! Bloggers LOVE their jobs–and they might even make it all look easy, but trust me, it’s not. We are one-woman magazines with just a teeny-tiny team of moi. Oops. I said I wouldn’t talk. 😀
I will have to do a round-up post of all the times these white rain boots have made it on the blog! These babies were the best prop investment I ever made. And I actually wear them in the snow each winter!
I have a great tutorial showing how I made this gorgeous plaid wired ribbon using just fabric. Click on the link for the post. Thank you for stopping by to tour my porch! I’ll be showing off the rest of my Christmas home this week.
In the meantime, you might enjoy the related posts below to see my Christmas tree and mudroom all decked out for the season. I think it’s my favorite tree I’ve ever done so I’d love for you to see it!
- Gray paint color on body of house: Sherwin Williams Knitting Needles SW7672 (which I also used on our back porch last year)
- Gray paint color for trim accent: Sherwin Williams Dovetail SW7018
- White paint color for trim: Sherwin Williams Extra White SW7006.
- Blue front door paint color: What is Home Stories A to Z front door paint color? is probably one of the top questions asked on this site. It is Benjamin Moore’s Wythe Blue. It is on both the front door and porch ceiling. Sherwin Williams Rainwashed was a close contender, but the Wythe just seemed to work better.
- Mailbox: Purchase here
- Ribbon for garland: Tutorial on how to make your own here.
- Red cable knit pillows: Similar here
- Skiis: Birch Lane
- Wreath: Homemade
- Black urns: Purchase similar here
Your next stop on the tour is Decor Gold! Chris will be showing you her space since Decor Gold doesn’t have a blog yet! She has AMAZING style and a gorgeous Instagram feed. You can find her @DecorGold on Instagram.