Hey everyone! I have missed you so! Just popping in to give you a small update on what’s been going on around here. If you’re new, here’s the brief recap:
- February–My father passed away from skin cancer.
- May—We experienced the wrath of bed bugs (which I am THRILLED to report are now gone!)
- July—My husband’s position at work was done away with and we are living off of savings.
- August—My husband passed his dissertation defense and finally has his PhD. (Yay!)
- September—I start homeschooling A, Z starts preschool, we possibly put the house on the market, and Hubs might start a job 6 hrs away in VA. (He has his 3rd interview in a few weeks, so we’ll see!)
So, according to the Holmes and Rahe stress scale I “have a moderate to high chance of becoming ill in the near future”. Lovely. Fortunately for me, I have some mad coping skills when it comes to stress due to previous life trials. No major sickness for me Holmes and Rahe, but…I might not be able to share as much with all of you….which makes me sad. If you miss me, follow me on facebook or twitter. I tweet and update often!
In order to get the house ready to sell (if need be), I am organizing, decluttering, depersonalizing, and staging every room, nook, and cranny. I have the top two levels of our home in good shape and now have to get the bottom two levels in order. Our main level has been in need of help for a long time. I have a red and yellow theme going on which just looks tired and dated. I can’t afford to redecorate the entire level, so I’ve decided to add touches of blue to update and freshen the look. I will be excited to reveal the changes soon!
First up, was to update my throw pillows. I really liked these pillows from Pottery Barn but even on sale they seemed pricey, $29 for just the cover. Come on PB, be reasonable and give your people an actual pillow inside the covers!
So, then I thought I could make some pillows out of these napkins from Pier 1 which are currently on clearance for $2.18.
Unfortunately, in person the colors didn’t look as good and I liked the paisley better than the floral. Determined not to be discouraged, I found some other fabulous napkins for $2.18 which will work and also found these pillows:
They are paisley, cheaper than PB’s and even come with an actual pillow inside them! I also found some vintage shudders on Craigslist for $5 which I’m painting blue. Why didn’t you all tell me to do this ages ago? My level is looking sooooo much better and sell-worthy! I’ll have pics for you soon! Stay tuned!