Looking for ways to add character to your home? I have some simple building projects for you!
I love adding character to our home, and I wrote an another post about it if you’d like to take a look: Easy & Affordable Ways to Add Character to Your Home. This post is going to concentrate on simple building projects that bloggers have tackled themselves to add character to an otherwise ordinary space. Please be sure to click the blue/gray links to be taken to the source with more pictures and for the full tutorial of each project. Feel free to pin the collage to make it easy to find! Thanks for stopping by the blog today! 🙂
1. How to Cover a Popcorn Ceiling by Home Stories A to Z
Scraping popcorn ceilings is soooo time consuming! This tutorial shows you a great way to easily cover them up!
2. How to Build a Wood Ceiling by Christina Maria
Christina had to go through several layers of ceiling in her older home, and found out that she had to install a whole new ceiling. She shows us exactly how to accomplish this task!
3. How to Install Faux Beams by Home Stories A to Z
These faux beams are easy to install and look amazingly real! Very light weight and manageable with two people.
1. How to Create a Shiplap Wall by Home Stories A to Z
Shiplap is gorgeous and adds so much character to a wall. Perfect for those who love neutrals!
2. DIY Plank Wall by Home Stories A to Z
This version of a planked wall is less expensive and easy to install all by yourself!
3. Adding Architectural Interest to Your Home by Southern Hospitality Blog
Rhoda shows us lots of ways that she added gorgeous architectural interest to her home.
4. How to Install Beadboard Paneling by Simplicity in the South
Beadboard is timeless! You can also find a tutorial for how to install the faux tin ceiling!
1. How to Build a Farmhouse Style Table by Her Tool Belt
Building this table is easy peasy with these instructions!
2. How to Build a Bathroom Vanity by Thrifty Decor Chick
This vanity may look complicated, but you should give it a try if you love this look!
Mudrooms & Laundry:
1. How to Build Mudroom Cubbies by Bitterroot DIY via Ugly Duckling House
Built-ins always create character in any room of your home. I love that these cubbies are useful and cute!
2. DIY Wall Mudroom by All Things Thrifty
Using trim as a focal point for a mudroom area is brilliant!
3. DIY Laundry Room Table by Major Hoff Takes a Wife
We all need space above our appliances! This is perfect and adorable!
Kitchen & Dining
1. Adding Trim to the Kitchen Cabinets by Thrifty Decor Chick
The end of cabinets is ordinarily plain and boring. Add some trim to add some omph to your kitchen!
2. DIY Dining Room Open Shelving by The Wood Grain Cottage
Shelving across a narrow wall gives you character as well as needed storage!
3. DIY Planked Peninsula with Corbels by The Happy Housie
An excellent way to jazz up your peninsula or island!
1. How to Build a Screen Door by The DIY Dreamer
Build a door to your exact frame size! You can do it with these very thorough directions.
2. How to Add Trim to a Door by Jenna Sue Designs
This transformation is amazing. Ah-ma-zing!
1. DIY Window Trim by Bless’er House
Dress all your windows up, one by one!
2. How to Build a DIY Vent Hood by Everyday Megan
Megan designed a gorgeous kitchen! She has a tutorial for you on how to make your own DIY Vent Hood.
1. How to Build Shutters by Beneath My Heart
Board and batten shutters are timeless! This tutorial has a video for you!
2. How to Build Porch Columns by Shades of Blue Interiors
Do you love craftsman style homes? Build your own craftsman style columns for ANY home with a porch overhang!