Have you finished your Christmas shopping yet? It is in procrastinator moments like these that I am so grateful for Amazon Prime! Today, I am teaming up with several other bloggers to share our favorite gift giving ideas with you. These are all items that I personally own, love, and recommend. They are all tried and tested in my home and most of them can be found on Amazon (affiliate links used), so if you have Prime you can receive most of these quickly.
1. Tartan Plaid Blanket Scarves I think blanket scarves are my new favorite accessory of the year. These scarves are HUGE. Like, you are actually wearing a blanket around your neck–which sounds weird–but is quite awesome. They are warm and cozy and double as a throw or blanket on drafty airplanes. I highly recommend them!
2. Button Leg Warmers I really never thought I would revisit my childhood 80’s leg-warmer-days again in my lifetime. However, these look adorable under boots and really do serve the purpose of keeping my legs warm in my chilly house. I wear them all the time. They come in several cute colors including charcoal and black.
3. Snowflake Tea I drink iced tea year round, but in the winter I drink hot tea all day long. Since I also crave carbs like a bear preparing to hibernate, I try to treat myself to several dessert teas to stave off my incessant sweet tooth. Hands down, my favorite dessert tea is Snowflake Tea. I was introduced to this tea at a local tea house several years ago and it remains my fav. It’s a black tea made with real almond and coconut flakes and smells amazing. This tea comes loose so you need a 4. Tea Infuser with this tea. I like to use this one. It looks like a cute leaf and acts as a stirring spoon as well. It comes in a bunch of different fun colors and makes a great inexpensive gift for the tea lover in your life.
5. Mrs. Tea Whenever I show a picture of my kitchen, inevitably someone inquires about the “cute teapot device on my countertop.” That my friends is the wife of Mr. Coffee and is called a Mrs. Tea. She came out in 1995 and was discontinued in 1999 so the only ones available are on Amazon and ebay (or if you’re lucky in a second hand shop). I lived at home while in grad school and my mom had one. It became my favorite appliance ever. My sweet husband tracked one down for me on ebay over a decade ago, and she is still going strong. You can brew an entire pot of tea off of one tea bag with the Mrs. Tea! She gets a good workout during the winter months around here.
6. Nespresso Vertuoline Don’t think we only drink tea around here! We are huge coffee consumers as well. 🙂 I recently received a Nespresso Vertuoline to review on my blog, and I’m hooked. It makes espresso and coffee from the same machine and provides a much richer and bolder taste than the Keurig. I like my Keurig for the everyday (cheaper) coffee experience and my Nespresso for my dessert coffee, or when I’m feeling indulgent. If you treat yourself to Starbucks frequently, this is a great investment.
7. Cuisinart 3-in-1 Slow Cooker My last slow cooker had ugly flowers on it and didn’t hold very much. I was ready for an upgrade! This one by Cuisinart allows you to easily sauté vegetables, brown meats and slow cook your foods right inside the unit. We use it frequently to make bone broths and winter soups. It is a winter must have!
8. Cozy Cotton Pajamas Working from home, I am sometimes guilty of staying in my p.j.’s much later in the day than is socially acceptable. I don’t care. I do some of my best work in my p.j.’s! These pajamas are 100% cotton, comfy, cozy, and super cute. They run a bit small, so I recommend ordering a size up.
9. Clarisonic Mia 2 Face Cleaner I bought this last year as a belated Christmas present to myself. Shelley from House of Smiths recommended it to me for improving your skin. I have to agree! I recently turned 40 and my Clarisonic definitely helps keep my face looking youthful. It does a great job at removing makeup and dead skin cells.
10. Soapbox Soaps Handmade soaps are a luxury item that I love to give and receive. SoapBox Soaps is an all-natural soap company with a social mission at its core – for every item they sell, SoapBox donates a bar of soap, a month’s supply of water, or a year’s supply of vitamins to a child in need around the world! I received their Holiday Bundle as a gift and especially love the Pomegranate Hand Soap.
11. Copper Mailbox We live in the city and I receive a lot of work-related mail that is bulky in size. I wanted a bigger mailbox that would look cute and contain those bulkier items with ease. This copper mailbox is spacious, beautiful, and affordable.
12. Mirror Ball This is a fun accessory year round, and I especially enjoy it in the winter. It reflects the late afternoon sunlight and creates magic in the living room.
13. Wood Cloche with Rope Handle I get so many compliments on my rope handled cloche. It’s a very versatile piece for displaying items on my coffee table, and I love it.
14. Deer Bookends My deer bookends make me smile. They are perfect for keeping my latest reads organized and upright on my table. I think they’d make a great gift to yourself or a loved one.
I hope you enjoyed exploring a few of my favorite things! Want more ideas from some of my best blogger friends whom I trust? Click the links below to explore what some of my favorite bloggers recommend.
Chris – Just a Girl
Beckie – Infarrantly Creative
Beth – Home Stories A to Z
Brooke – All Things Thrifty
Rhoda – Southern Hospitality
Roeshel – DIY Show Off
Sarah – Thrifty Decor Chick
Stacy – Not Just a Housewife