100+ Fun Halloween Ideas! Costumes, treats, decor, and more! This post is all about Halloween!
If you’re looking for ideas for Halloween, you’ve come to the right place! This post begins with costume ideas for all ages, and ends with spook-tacular Halloween treats. Thank you to all the bloggers who shared their Halloween ideas with us! Be sure to click the blue/gray links to be taken to the original source with tutorials, and even more Halloween ideas!
Let’s get started with costumes! Keep in mind that the costumes can be interchangeable from child to adult (and v/v) by changing out the sizing. Halloween is the perfect time to be a kid again!
HALLOWEEN COSTUME IDEAS:
1. DR SEUSS COSTUME BY MUST HAVE MOM
Sarah from Must Have Mom has lots of adorable Dr. Seuss ideas on this site if you want to make it a fun week of printables, crafts, and costumes!
2. NO-SEW CAPTAIN MARVEL COSTUME BY TRIED & TRUE
Vanessa from Tried & True has a full tutorial for her No-Sew Captain Marvel Costume, and tells you exactly what products to purchase! Very helpful!
3. NO-SEW WITCH COSTUME BY SKIP TO MY LOU
So creative! Go see how Cindy from Skip to My Lou made the spiderweb skirt! You’d never guess!
4. DIY SCARECROW COSTUME BY WHERE THE SMILES HAVE BEEN
Christine from Where the Smiles have Been has the cutest little scarecrow costume!
5. NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS SALLY COSTUME BY ARTSY FARTSY MAMA
Lindsay from Artsy Fartsy Mama has the perfect Sally costume!
6. NO-SEW GARDEN GNOME COSTUME BY A NIGHT OWL
Kimberly from A Night Owl created this very simple gnome costume, and I love it! Would also be adorable in multiples.
7. DIY HALLOWEEN WITCH CAPE BY DAZZLE WHILE FRAZZLED
Victoria from Dazzle while Frazzled has a full tutorial for this cute witch cape! You could use this same tutorial for lots of different varieties of capes.
8. SMARTY PANTS COSTUME BY FROM UTAH WITH LOVE
So adorable!! This could be cute for all ages!
9. POOP EMOJI COSTUME BY 5 MINUTES FOR MOM
If your child just insists on a poop emoji costume, 5 Minutes for Mom has the perfect tutorial for you!
10. DIY SKELETON COSTUME BY I DIG PINTEREST
Ginger from Ginger Snap Crafts has a cute skeleton costume over on I Dig Pinterest.
11. DIY MINION GLASSES BY SCRAP SHOPPE BLOG
These DIY Minion Glasses are so clever, and I bet you already have extra lids in your kitchen!
12. DIY PANDA BEAR COSTUME BY C.R.A.F.T. BLOG
Easily adaptable for lots of ages and sizes!
13. SKEIN OF YARN COSTUME BY DUKES & DUCHESSES
Super simple, and so unique!
14.TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES COSTUME BY SCRAP SHOPPE BLOG
Michele from Scrap Shoppe Blog has several Halloween posts! Her Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle costume is heavier in sewing, but it would last much longer for kiddos who like to wear costumes year-round.
15. OLAF COSTUME BY CRYSTAL & CO.
Perfect and simple costume for all the Olaf fans!
16.NO-SEW ELSA COSTUME BY CARRIE ELLE
Carrie has several other adorable costumes on her site! Go check them all out.
17. CANDY CORN BABY COSTUME BY SPARKLE LIVING
Jessa from Sparkle Living made a no-fuss baby headband! Perfect for little ones!
18. LUKE SKYWALKER COSTUME BY LIFE SEW SAVORY
Emily from Life Sew Savory created this easy Luke Skywalker costume that any Star Wars fan would love!
19. CARE BEAR COSTUME BY CARRIE ELLE
Carrie’s Care Bear costume is so simple, and you can use this idea as a starting point for any of the Care Bear characters!
20. SPIDER WEB HEADBAND BY SPARKLE LIVING
Wear a black outfit, and your costume is done!
21.PEACOCK COSTUME BY LIFE SEW SAVORY
Emily from Life Sew Savory has a video tutorial to help you out with this costume. It’s much easier than it looks!
22. SUPER HERO COSTUME BY PLAY DATES & PARTIES
Grab a tutu your child probably already owns, and make a superhero costume!
23. POKEMON COSTUMES BY SCRAP SHOPPE BLOG
Pokemon fans, this is for you!
24. BEAUTIFUL BUTTERFLY COSTUME BY SKIP TO MY LOU
Color your own butterfly costume! I love this idea!
25. SPLATOON COSTUME BY NELI DESIGN
This Splatoon costume is more involved, but if you like to sew (or know someone else who can sew it for you!) and your child is asking for Splatoon, this pattern makes your life easy! If you’re a beginner sewer, Halloween is a great time to try a new project with a little planning. It doesn’t have to be perfect! 🙂
26. LEGO COSTUME BY CRYSTAL & CO.
The classic lego box costume! My advice with box costumes is make sure the box is narrow enough for your child to walk and use his/her arms normally. Go read about how to make this fun Lego costume!
27. NO-SEW GHOST COSTUME BY BOMBSHELL BLING
This ghost costume looks cozy enough to wear all winter long! Very simple, and no-fuss, which is music to any parents ears!
28. DIY WITCH COSTUME BY RAIN ON A TIN ROOF
Jenna from Rain on a Tin Roof is always fun, and adventurous! She has some great ideas for this whole costume.
29. NO-SEW LAFFY TAFFY COSTUME BY PRETTY LIFE GIRLS
If you or a friend has a vinyl press (and love candy!), this cute costume is for you! Adorable for all ages!
30. CRAZY CAT LADY COSTUME BY MODGE PODGE ROCKS BLOG
Amy from Modge Podge Rocks is rockin’ this crazy cat lady costume!
31. WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS COSTUME BY CLUB CRAFTED
Holly from Club Crafts has lots of cute and simple Halloween costumes in this post!
32. MATERNITY THING 1 AND THING 2 COSTUME BY COUNTRY CHIC COTTAGE
Angie from Country Chic Cottage has a step by step tutorial for this costume!
33. POKEMON COSTUME BY DIANA RAMBLES
This Pokemon Pokeball costume would be adorable alongside a group of Pokemon costumes!
34. JACK SKELLINGTON SHIRT COSTUME BY SCRAP SHOPPE BLOG
Perfect for Nightmare Before Christmas fans!
35. MS. FRIZZLE COSTUME BY COUNTRY CHIC COTTAGE
Do you remember Ms. Frizzle from The Magic School Bus? Perfect Halloween costume for a teacher!
36. SUSHI COSTUME BY TING AND THINGS
Lorita from Ting and Things looks adorable in this sushi costume!
37. BOB ROSS COSTUMES BY C.R.A.F.T.
Bob Ross costumes are always a hit!
38. EMOJI THUMBS UP THUMBS DOWN COSTUME BY DIANA RAMBLES
I love that this costume can be made in a matter of minutes!
39. GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY COSTUMES BY HOME STORIES A TO Z
One of our favorite Halloween nights as a family! We used items mostly from home, and crafted the rest.
40. PRINCESS BRIDE COSTUMES BY THE HANDMADE HOME
They nailed The Princess Bride! The Handmade Home has lots of equally cute group costumes that you need to check out!
41. DESPICABLE ME COSTUMES BY SPOT OF TEA DESIGNS
Tara from Spot of Tea Designs used basic, reusable items to create this budget friendly group costume idea!
42. S’MORES COSTUME BY LETS CAMP S’MORE
Cutest couples costume!
43. WHERE’S WALDO BY C.R.A.F.T.
Super cute Mommy & Me or Daddy & Me costume idea!
44. SPICE GIRLS GROUP COSTUME BY TING AND THINGS
Such a fun idea for a group!
45. NO-SEW ZOO ANIMALS COSTUMES BY HELLO CREATIVE FAMILY
What fun costumes for all your little animals at home!
46. RED RIDING HOOD AND THE BIG BAD WOLF BY POP IT UP GIRL
Courtney from Pop it Up Girl has some adorable ideas for Red Riding Hood and the Big Bad Wolf.
47. EMOJI TWINS COSTUME BY LOLLY JANE
Kristi and Kelli from Lolly Jane are always adorable!
20 Halloween Craft Ideas that aren’t too spooky! The floating witch hats are my favorite. They’re easy to store, and you can reuse them year after year!
HALLOWEEN TREAT IDEAS
If you’re looking for a Halloween treat idea, I have about 40 of them for you! These are so fun and kids and adults alike will love them!
Those little ghosts and the spider cupcakes? Too cute! You can find all of these ideas here: 20+ Halloween Treats
Even more treat ideas! Bloggers love cutesy treat recipes! The pumpkin rice krispy recipe is still one of the most popular recipes on my site!
You can find all of these ideas here: 16 Easy Halloween Treats
Thanks for stopping by the blog today, and I hope you all have a happy and safe Halloween!