I love to find cheap things, but I love to find FREE things even more! So today I thought I would share a few of the ways I acquire free stuff.
1. Craigslist I am told that not all cities have a free section on their Craigslist but ours is located right under the “for sale wanted” section.
- Free 9 drawer dresser. We’ve been seeing a lot of these 70’s dressers around the blogosphere spray painted in fun colors lately.
- Free spray paints and latex paints. (I’m waiting to hear back on these!)
- Free Melitta Espresso Maker. (I already have one of these and love it.)
- Free playhouse. Given a fresh coat of paint this could turn into a real gem!
- Free desk. Paint it white or black, add new hardware, and it’s perfect.
- Free chair. Reupholster in a graphic print, paint and distress the wood and you have yourself a great conversation piece.
- Free step tables from a store display. These could be fun storage in my master closet.
- Free mannequin. Great for modeling one’s etsy goods.
- Free headboard. Cut off the bottom legs, paint and distress, add hooks, and hang in your front entryway.