Ginger Caramel Apple Pie Moscow Mule is a wonderful fall spin on a popular drink.
I started following Hatchery on Instagram about a month ago and was flattered when they reached out to ask if I’d like to sample one of their tasting kits. I LOVE experimenting with sauces, spices, and condiments so this was a no-brainer for me. 🙂
Hatchery is an online shop where you can find amazing small batch ingredients and condiments made by independent makers–there are no big-business products! All of the ingredients come from true artisan “mom and pop” shops that are sourced from all over the country and hand-selected to be a part of the Hatchery. You can sample these products by signing up for their subscription tasting box. They send you a box each month filled with a variety of sample-sized ingredients, a tasting guide, and a suggestion for recipes. So fun and such an amazing gift idea for the foodie in your life!
In last month’s tasting box, I received this chai spice Dulce infused caramel and this Ginger Gershwin juice mix for a cocktail. I was inspired to concoct something with these delicious ingredients and decided a ginger caramel apple something-or-another would be perfect for fall!
But don’t worry, you can make this drink with some substitutions if you don’t have a Hatchery subscription yet! Here is what you will need:
- 2 oz Ginger Gershwin Juice (or see substitution recipe below)
- 2 oz Apple Cider
- 4 oz Caramel Vodka
- 1 bottle Ginger Beer (I prefer Crabbie's Ginger Beer.)
- Apple slices and caramel sauce to garnish
- To make your own ginger juice, place a peeled ginger clove into a blender along with 1.5 ounces of water. Blend until ginger is thick and then strain and squeeze juice from ginger pulp into a into a separate glass. Add a teaspoon of lemon juice, 2 teaspoons of sugar, and a dash of salt and enough water to create 2 ounces of ginger juice.
- Combine ginger juice, apple cider, and caramel vodka in shaker with ice and shake.
- Divide mixture between two copper mugs and top with ginger beer.
- Garnish with sliced apples covered in caramel sauce.
Eating the caramel-covered apple garnish was a fun treat! I am a huge fan of dessert cocktails so be sure to check out my other “related posts” below for more cocktail recipes. My Pumpkin Whoopie Pie cocktail is so delicious!
Feeling inspired to create something fun with food? Do you want try a Hatchery tasting box out for yourself? Well now is the time!
Right now, if you enter HOMESTORIESATOZ at checkout on hatchery.co you will receive your first tasting box for just $10! That is a 50% off discount off of the original price.
You can click over to see what the latest tasting box includes and also check out the Marketplace to see all of the products that they currently carry including the two products I used in my Moscow Mule. So yummy! Enjoy!
This post contains affiliate links.