Calling all plant moms and want-to-be plant people! Go ahead and give some of these 30 DIY Planter Ideas a try if you’re feeling crafty! Now is the perfect time to try your hand at a green thumb and these cute planters will help.
Planters are all the rage this year! Maybe they’re all the rage every single year, but it seems as if a lot of people have more time this year to create planters and love on their plants more than usual. Browse through these creative ideas and let the bloggers know if you love their ideas! Please click the blue/gray links to be taken to the source for the full tutorial. Thanks for stopping by the blog today! 🙂
1. DIY Head Planters from Concrete by Lily Ardor
Lily’s concrete head planters have been so popular over on Pinterest! If you use the products that Lily suggests, you’ll have enough for 3 planters. This would be a fun and unique gift!
2. Rustic Tin Vase Planters by Little House of Four
Katie has tons of Dollar Store crafts and makeovers! Go see how she made her rustic tin vase pictured below.
3. How to Make a Planter from a 5 Gallon Bucket by Tag & Tibby
5 gallon buckets are really useful as planters for tomatoes and other vegetables. Go learn how to make them pretty while still being functional!
4. DIY Succulent Planter by Modern Glam
Turn anything into a planter! Look for unique containers.
5. How to Make a Galvanized Planter by The DIY Mommy
Learn how to distress a galvanized planter to make it look vintage! So cute!
6. DIY Herb Planter Box by Crafted by the Hunts
This DIY Herb Planter Box could be made from leftover scrap wood!
7. Succulent Centerpiece DIY by City Farmhouse
Gorgeous succulent centerpiece tutorial by Jen over at City Farmhouse. You could even use faux succulents!
8. DIY Hanging Bucket Planter by Simplicity in the South
Such a gorgeous porch! The ferns are hanging in DIY Hanging Buckets! So darling!
9. DIY Concrete Planters by Craving Some Creativity
These DIY Concrete Planters are so creative, and cost pennies on the dollar to make for yourself. Score!
10. Plastic Pot to Planter by Creating A Home by Sonia
Turn any plastic pot into a faux cement-look planter!
11. Old Tire Planter Makeover by Addicted 2 DIY
This DIY Old Tire Planter is a repurposers dream!
12. DIY Planter House Numbers by HGTV
DIY Planter Makeovers:
1. DIY Shell Planter by Sand & Sisal
Kim took a small plastic pot and created a shell pot!
2. How to Age Terra Cotta Pots by Little House of Four
Katie wanted to give her new terra cotta pots a more aged look, and she has a great tutorial for this process.
3. Mod Podge Flower Pots by Home Stories A to Z
Learn how to make some adorable fabric covered planters with mod podge!
4. Personalized Herb Planter by Polished Habitat
These labels were made with a Cricut, and you can find the step by step tutorial on Melissa’s blog! I love the phrases!
5. DIY Black Aged Terra Cotta Pots by Domestically Blissful
This tutorial is great for aging terra cotta pots!
6. DIY Nail Polish Marble Pots by Pretty Life Girls
These marble pots are so cute, and would be perfect as gifts!
7. DIY Color Blocked Cement Planter by Simply Designing
This craft would be great for a craft night with friends! The cement pot can be purchased online.
8. How to Use a Basket as a Planter by Creekline House
Great tips for how to use a basket as a planter!
9. DIY Easy Planter Makeover by Fall for FIY
Give your planters a makeover! Cute and simple ideas for a new look.
10.Rope Wrapped Pots by House by Hoff
Really cute idea that you can use on any type of pot!
11. DIY Gold Foil Lettering by Nest Of Posies
Adding some fun phrases and dipping pots in glitter would definitely brighten my day!
1. DIY Vertical Garden by Houseful of Handmade
You can learn how to make a drip watering system to make your watering so much easier!
2. DIY Planter Tutorial by Cherished Bliss
Lovely wooden planter with rope accent! Full tutorial for this project can be found over at Cherished Bliss.
3. DIY Modern Planter with Hose Storage by DIY Huntress
Snazzy idea for hiding items in the planter!
1. How to Build a Modern A-Frame Plant Stand by Handmade Haven
Learn how to build this functional and gorgeous a-frame plant stand!
2. Dipped Basket Planters with Stands by TaterTots and Jello
These baskets are Anthropologie-inspired and so lovely! Read about how to make your own dipped baskets, and plant stand!
3. DIY Wall Planter Ladder by Angela Marie Made via Remodelaholic
Show off your gorgeous plants with a plant ladder! So cute!
You might like these posts as well: