This winter, I put on some additional weight to my already curvy figure. I decided in February that enough was enough and I really needed to “reign it in”. So I began exercising a bit each day on my elliptical machine. To curb my appetite and hopefully boost fat loss, I started taking Garcinia Cambogia without any additives as well as pure Raspberry Ketones. Most importantly, I began using the My Fitness Pal app to track my calories, and I faithfully ate 1200 calories a day. After one month of doing all of this, I lost zero pounds. Zero. Nothing. Nada. Not-a-one. I felt discouraged and basically said “forget it then” and went back to eating however I wanted—and then proceeded to gain 8 more pounds in the next six weeks. Gah! My blogger butt is currently wider than my computer screen. My energy is in the toilet and my self-image is definitely starting to suffer. So what’s a girl to do?
Well lucky for me, I have all of YOU to turn to! With everyone in the fitness industry trying to make a quick buck off of all of us, it is hard to know what is really working for women. I asked you on facebook to weigh in (no pun intended) on the issue and the information you gave was encouraging and worth sharing. I have organized all of your ideas in this post so that everyone reaps the benefit of the Home Stories A to Z community! I’ve included affiliate links to products on Amazon for your convenience, but I encourage you to shop around and do some research on your own before buying anything. I haven’t tried any of these products, so I can’t personally recommend any of them. But I trust YOU…and some of you say these are working. Woohoo! Let’s all get healthier!
Diets that Are Working for You
- Whole30 Follow on instagram under hashtag #whole30 for a ton of menu ideas.
- Juicing and smoothies.
Supplements You Are Using with Success
- Vitamin D3 Helps boost immune system and fat burning.
- doTERRA Slim and Sassy Said to curb cravings and balance blood sugar.
- Apple Cider Vinegar with “The Mother” Controls blood sugar and reduces insulin spikes.
- MCT Oil – Pharmaceutical Grade combined with grassfed butter in coffee. Who knew? This is called Bulletproof coffee and gives you energy while burning fat and continuing ketosis from the night.
- Dandelion Root Tea Detoxifies and eliminates waste from the body. Works as a laxative.
- PGX Blend of natural fibers to help balance blood sugar and reduce cravings.
Exercise Programs That Are Working for You
- INSANITY DVD Workout (I bought this workout for my husband a few years ago and he sold it on Craigslist. I guess it was too insane. LOL!)
- Jillian Michaels Body Revolution (I have the 30 Day Shred and it is a fantastic quick workout.)
- Denise Austin: Blast Away 10 Lbs. (I’ve never done this particular workout but Denise Austin always cracks me up. I have some old school VHS tapes of hers that made me look amazing in my 20’s. Hmmm, maybe I should dust them off!)
- Hip Hop Abs – By the creator of INSANITY (I love to dance so this looks super fun.)
Free Online Resources You Find Are Helping You Lose Weight
Phew! That’s a lot of things that are working! Thank you so much to everyone on my facebook page who took the time to share. Feel free to continue the conversation in the comments. Now let’s go forth and get fit!