Christmas gifts do not have to cost a fortune to be beautiful and thoughtful! Here are 5 affordable Christmas gift ideas you can shop for and create today.
I’m honored to be part of the BHG Live Better Influencer Network. As one of my monthly blog sponsors, I’m compensated when sharing my favorite finds from Better Homes & Gardens at Walmart. My opinions on their adorable and affordable decor are always my own. Affiliate links for product sources are included in this post.
The Christmas season is in full swing and it’s time to make that list and check it twice—whether or not your loved ones and coworkers have been naughty or nice! Gift giving can sometimes be stressful when you’re just not sure what to give. Today I’ve created five simple, affordable, and thoughtful gift ideas for you which cover a variety of pricepoints!
Affordable Christmas Gift Idea #1: Entertainer’s Gift Basket
I always like to start off with the biggest, most expensive gifts first and work my way down from there, don’t you? I recently shared my beautiful Christmas tablescape and so many of you were amazed by the adorable and affordable Better Homes & Gardens at Walmart products! I thought it would fun to put together an “Entertainer’s Gift Basket” inspired by my table. Everything in this gift basket (including the cute galvanized bucket) costs less than $125! This gift basket will service a table of six .
Shop the Entertainer’s Gift Basket, $125 or less
- Placemats: Better Homes & Gardens 14 in Square Jute Placemat, Red
- Chargers: Better Homes & Gardens Gold Beaded Pewter 4-Pack Charger Plates
- Salad Plates: Better Homes & Gardens 12 Days of Christmas Salad Plate, 4 Pack
- Silverware: Better Homes & Gardens Alder Rose Gold 20-Piece Flatware Set
- Napkin Holders: Better Homes & Gardens Napkin Rings
- Reindeer Candle Holders: Better Homes & Gardens Deer Candle Holder
- Galvanized Bucket: Better Homes & Gardens Galvanized Round Tubs, Set of 2 (Psst. As I type this, these are on sale online for only $15.36 for TWO!)
Affordable Christmas Gift Idea #2: Hygge Gift Basket
I talked a bit about the concept of hygge in this gift ideas post:
The word hygge (pronounced hue-gah) is a Danish word that doesn’t have an English equivalent but can best be described as “coziness for the soul.” It is a word used to describe a feeling or moment when there is intimacy within the home, with others, and with oneself. While it’s not something that can be purchased, it can be cultivated by creating the right ambiance.
This gift basket includes a furry toss pillow, cozy blanket, honeycomb stemless glasses, and bottle of wine. Just add a warm fire and a friend! Depending on how much you choose to spend on the bottle of wine, this gift basket can be pulled off for under $50!
Shop the Hygge Gift Basket, $50 or less
- Galvanized Bucket: Better Homes & Gardens Galvanized Round Tubs, Set of 2
- Toss Pillow: Better Homes & Gardens Faux Fur Decorative Toss Pillow
- Throw Blanket: Better Homes & Gardens Faux Mohair Plaid Throw
- Wine Glasses: Better Homes & Gardens Honeycomb Stemless Wine Glasses, Set of 2
Affordable Christmas Gift Idea #3: Cocktail Lovers Gift Basket
My favorite drink is a Moscow Mule so this gift is right down my alley! In fact, I’m keeping this one for myself. If you aren’t familiar with mule drinks, they typically include ginger beer and lime? Click here to try my recipe for Ginger Caramel Apple Pie Moscow Mules! They are delicious and refreshing to drink year round. If you know a cocktail lover in your life, this gift basket idea is a steal for under $40!
Shop the Cocktail Lovers Gift Basket, $40 or less
- Pineapple Sippers: Better Homes & Gardens Copper Pineapple Sipper with Straw
- Barware Set: Better Homes & Gardens 6-Piece Copper Bar Set
Affordable Christmas Gift Idea #4: Scentsational Hostess Gift Idea
Instead of a bottle of wine or sweet treat, consider bringing your hostess with the mostest this creative gift idea! A large glass lantern filled with scented and soothing items is a thoughtful gift to bring to your next holiday party. Start by filling the bottom two inches of your lantern with scented epsom salts. Better Homes & Gardens at Walmart carries essential oils to scent your epsom salts. Next, fill you lantern with a holiday edition wax warmer. Using a gift tag, Tie a few scented wax cubes to the lantern handle and adorn with fresh cedar sprigs from your yard. Done for
Shop Scentsational Hostess Gift Idea, $25 or less
- Lantern: Better Homes & Gardens Metal & Glass Large Lantern, Gold Finish
- Wax Warmer: Better Homes & Gardens Faceted Metallic Accent Wax Warmer
- Wax Melts: Better Homes & Gardens Wax Cubes
Affordable Christmas Gift Idea #5: Sentimental Photo Gift Idea
Several years ago I created a mason jar picture frame vase which was a huge hit on my blog! You can find that tutorial here. Inspired by that idea, I turned a hurricane candle holder into a cute picture frame. Safety note: This craft idea should only be used with low wattage LED candles and never with an open flame.
To create your own, simply print out your photo on tracing paper and place inside the candle holder. I folded the edge of my 9×12 paper to fit the printer.
Once printed you can trim your picture to size if needed. Mine fit perfectly as-is. Place an additional sheet of tracing paper in the back of the hurricane to cover the perimeter of the holder. I didn’t use anything to attach my paper to the glass, but you could use some small pieces of double sided tape. Place an LED candle in the candle holder and you’re done! Note: The picture can easily be removed at a later time if your gift recipient would rather just use the candle holder in a traditional manner.
Shop the Sentimental Photo Gift Idea, $15-20 or less
- Hurricane Holder: Better Homes & Gardens Water Hyacinth Hurricane Pillar Candle Holder
- Candle: Better Homes & Gardens LED Candles
I hope this post is helpful in getting your creative, gift-giving juices flowing! You can find so many more adorable and affordable Better Homes & Gardens gift ideas online and in store. Happy gifting!