Creative and luxe holiday gift basket ideas for those who love to make a house a memorable home!
I’m partnering with Pier 1 today to bring you some creative holiday gift basket ideas I think you’re going to love! If you’ve struggled in the past with what to get for the home enthusiasts in your life–or even with what to put on your own Christmas list–this post is for you! However before we begin, I need to start with a disclaimer. This post is sponsored by Pier 1, and I had the most difficult time ever limiting my gift basket ideas to items that would actually fit into the baskets! Oh my word my friends; the Christmas and holiday items at Pier 1 are so amazing this year! I felt like a kid in a candy shop putting these ideas together for you! While I plan to give these baskets as gifts, I admittedly want to gift each basket to myself. Afterall, I’ve been a good girl this year. 😏
Creative and Luxe Holiday Gift Basket Ideas
1. Hygge Gift Basket: For the Cozy Comforts Lover
Shop the Basket
The word hygge (pronounced hue-gah) is a Danish word that doesn’t have an English equivalent but can best be described as “coziness for the soul.” It is a word used to describe a feeling or moment when there is intimacy within the home, with others, and with oneself. While it’s not something that can be purchased, it can be cultivated by creating the right ambiance. I thought it would be fun to create the ultimate hygge gift basket to give this Christmas!
This gift basket in soft and cozy neutrals is my favorite of the three! It is also the largest and most expensive, so perhaps that is also why I love it. 😉 If you’re on a limited budget, don’t write a hygge basket off your wish list! Simply modify the basket by choosing a few key items from the list.
Here are my top picks of what to place in a hygge gift basket along with the products I chose from Pier 1. Click the links to shop the items.
- Large basket to hold items: Carson Natural Metallic Rim Wicker Rectangular Basket
- Cozy throw blanket: Faux Fur Fawn Throw
- Candles and candle holders for ambiance: Galvanized Metal & Wood Pillar Candle Holders
- Soothing music or chimes: Jingle Bell Door Hanger
- Soap and lotion: Snowy Birch Collection Soap & Lotion Caddy
- Mugs for warm beverages: Mondu Reactive Wave Mug
- Cute and cuddly objects: Light Brown Natural Squirrel and Ivory Knit Boots Ornament
- Cozy toss pillow: Faux Fur Beaded Rabbit Pillow
- Serving plates for noshing: Chateau Salad Plate Set of 4 and Snow Forest Winter Buck Salad Plate
- Coffee table accent: Antler Bowl
- Container to hold sweet treats: Sweet Ivory Farmhouse Small Canister
- Picture frame to honor memories: Birch Forest LED Light-Up 4×6 Photo Frame
2. Kitchen Gift Basket: For the Casual Entertainer
When I was creating this gift basket, I kept referring to it as the “so darn cute basket” for good reason. Every item in this basket is charming, whimsical, and so darn cute! This is the perfect gift for the casual entertainer in your life. The sleigh server, ski napkin holder, cute plates, and truck tea towel are sure to become cherished holiday pieces to be enjoyed for years to come!
Shop the Basket
To create a gift basket for the casual entertainer you will need the following:
- Medium wicker basket: Collin Gray Wicker Shelf Storage Basket
- Placemats: Cedar Branch Placemat
- Tea towel: Plaid Car and Tree Tea Towel
- Serving Board: Sleigh Serving Board
- Spreader: Red Truck Spreader
- Chargers: Woven Plaid Charger Plate
- Small plates: Christmas Sayings Salad Plates Set of 4
- Napkins: Ski Napkin Holder
- Small server: Red Mini Baker
- Basket embellishment: Tree Inside Lantern LED Light-Up Ornament
Here is a closeup of the adorable Red Truck Spreader. The tiny mason jar contains faux snow that you can shake around–so darn cute!
3. Beautiful Barware Basket: For the Cocktail Lover
The holidays are a special time to celebrate and make merry, and this gift basket allows the cocktail lover in your life to do it in style! Your glamourous friend will love this barware and will think of you each time she says cheers.
Shop the Basket
Here are some suggestions of what to include in your barware basket:
- Large beverage tub: Hammered Beverage Tub
- Ice scoop: Silver Bling Jewel Ice Scoop
- Wine or bottled beverage: White Faux Fur Wine Gift Bag
- Small plates: Marry Manor Musical Notes Set Of 4 Salad Plates
- Decanter: Pineapple Decanter
- Champagne flutes: Jewel Gold Champagne Flute
- Wine glasses: Stainless Steel Stemless Wine Glass
- Coasters: Silver Trim Marble Coasters Set Of 4
- Cheese Board: White Marble and Wood Cheese Board
- Bar towel: Snowflakes Wrap
I love the elegant combination of silver and gold! Most of the items in this gift basket can be used year round, and the seasonal pieces can be added in during the holidays.
I hope I helped you find some gift items for a few people on your list this year, including yourself! If you want more holiday gift and decorating ideas, I encourage you to attend the Pier 1 Holiday Happenings Event at your local Pier 1. It’s taking place on Saturday, November 4, from 3-5pm. This is a fun hands-on, in-store event where you will learn how to style a table for the holidays, how to create a Christmas tree napkin fold, and glean some beautiful gift basket ideas. Be sure to click below to RSVP. I hope you can make it!