The Ultimate Guide to Homemade Gift Ideas! 93 Gift Ideas!
The holidays are just around the corner, and now is a great time to get a head start on gifts! Homemade gifts can be so unique, and special! Be sure to click the blue/gray links to be taken to the original source where you’ll find directions to make your gift. I hope that you love these gift ideas, and happy holidays!
There are seven sections for these Homemade Gifts:
Home Gift Ideas
Friends and Family Gift Ideas
Outdoor Gift Ideas
Inexpensive Gift Ideas
Food Gift Ideas
Kid Gift Ideas
Beauty and Natural Product Gift Ideas
FOR THE HOME:
These gifts are great for new home owners, or people who love to decorate their homes. All of them are perfect for the home!
1. HEIRLOOM RECIPE PLACEMATS BY HUNT AND HOST
These placemats are such a unique gift idea! Use a family recipe, or start a new tradition and use your own recipe.
2. NAPKIN PILLOW COVERS BY HOME STORIES A TO Z
Simple tutorial for making your own pillow slip covers.
3. SNOWY PINE CONE CLUSTERS BY DOMESTICALLY SPEAKING
This would be so cute hanging from a wine bottle!
4. MERCURY GLASS VOTIVE TUTORIAL BY HOME STORIES A TO Z
Very adorable hostess gift or teacher gift!
5. CROSS STITCH PLANTER BOX BY CRAFTS UNLEASHED
This cross stitch planter box can be easily personalized by changing out the pattern to a season or perhaps a name. Very cute!
6. RUSTIC WOOD FRAME AND CHRISTMAS PRINTABLE BY REAL HAPPY SPACE
What a merry sign! You could even make this sign with paint stir sticks.
7. RUSTIC FARMHOUSE MASON JAR PLANTER BY MAKING IT IN THE MOUNTAINS
These farmhouse mason jars are perfect for any farmhouse decor fan! Change up the plants for the desired season, or you could even use them for craft storage.
8. CINNAMON STICK CANDLE WRAP BY HOME STORIES A TO Z
Super simple tutorial for these gorgeous candles!
9. DIY WALL ART BY HEART HANDMADE
This wall art message piece is finger knit! So adorable.
10. VANILLA EXTRACT BY A FRESH SQUEEZED LIFE
Homemade vanilla extract is such a luxury, and yet so simple! Give this idea a try, and dress up the bottle for a cute gift idea.
FOR FRIENDS AND FAMILY:
I love all of these fun ideas for friends and family! These gifts are great for friends or family! Photo gifts tend to make the best gifts for parents and grandparents. 🙂
1. WHISKEY FLAVORED TOOTHPICKS BY HOME STORIES A TO Z
Great stocking stuffer!
2. RUSTIC WOOD FRAME BY CRAFTS BY AMANDA
Photo gifts usually make for great family gifts!
3. SENTIMENTAL PHOTO GIFT IDEA BY HOME STORIES A TO Z
This hurricane glass candle holder is perfect as a gift with a photo! Note that a LED flameless candle is the best choice for this project. Just adorable! Instructions in the post on how to achieve this look.
4. CROCHET SCARF BY THE BLUE ELEPHANTS
A scarf is such a sweet gift! If you aren’t confident in knitting by hand, craft stores also make kits for beginners.
5. SHARPIE SNOWMAN MUG AND COFFEE BY HOME STORIES A TO Z
Darling hostess gift! Okay, so this particular gift is semi-homemade. 😉
6. DIY WOOD PHOTO HOLDER BY DUCT TAPE AND DENIM
Super affordable gift that can be personalized in a multitude of ways!
7. WINE GLASS FREE CUT FILE BY SIMPLY DARRLING
Perfect gift for wine lovers!
8. PHOTO TEXT PILLOW BY LOLLY JANE
Iron-on instructions! You can make these at home! So cute.
9. FAUX AGATE SLICES BY SCRAP SHOPPE BLOG
What a great craft idea!
10. DIY CAT MUGS BY FLAMINGO TOES
These mugs are dishwasher safe, and so adorable. You could change the cat face to lots of different animals if preferred. Full instructions in the post!
11. CANVAS SHOES ART BY SAND & SISAL
12. HOW TO MAKE A VINTAGE SIGN BY HOME STORIES A TO Z
Easy tutorial for a home made vintage inspired sign!
OUTDOOR GIFT IDEAS
Fun gifts for the outdoor loving person!
1. MASON JAR BIRD FEEDER BY LITTLE HOUSE LIVING
Perfect gift for the bird watcher!
2. AGED TERRA COTTA POTS BY HOME STORIES A TO Z
These aged terra cotta pots are a pretty way to dress up a house plant!
3. RAIN CHAIN TUTORIAL BY HUNT AND HOST
This rain chain is made from upcycled jars! Go read the full tutorial for this fun gift.
4. 3D DOOR HANGER WREATH BY HOME STORIES A TO Z
Unique door hanger gift idea!
5. MASON JAR LID BIRD FEEDER BY I SHOULD BE MOPPING THE FLOOR
You could make several of these as the lids are purchased separately! Or just use those leftover lids that somehow accumulate over the years. 🙂
6. 17 DIY GAMES FOR OUTDOOR FAMILY TIME BY HOME STORIES A TO Z
17 more outdoor games that all make great gifts!
INEXPENSIVE GIFT IDEAS:
These gifts are very inexpensive, yet adorable and special!
1. DIY FARMHOUSE COASTERS BY FRESH VINTAGE BY LISA S
These were made from a dollar store toy!
2. HOW TO MAKE BOOK PAGE FEATHERS BY HOME STORIES A TO Z
Great gift to use as decor, or even as a book mark. So cute!
3. CLOTH BANDANA NAPKINS BY KNICK OF TIME
Buffalo check is so festive during holidays!
4. HOW TO MAKE PAPER TOWEL FLOWERS BY HOME STORIES A TO Z
These paper towel flowers are so pretty, and truly expensive!
5. CANDY CANE HOT COCOA BAR BY CLEAN & SCENTSIBLE
6. PRINTABLE ART BY BURLAP AND BLUE
A free printable always makes for an inexpensive gift!
7. DIY STENCILED TABLE RUNNER BY SPARKLE LIVING BLOG
This tutorial is great for learning the basics, and then the window is wide open for creativity!
8. PUZZLE PIECE SNOWFLAKE WREATH BY DAZZLE WHILE FRAZZLED
Kids could help with this fun gift!
9. DRIPPED PAINT STORAGE OR GLASSES BY SCRAP SHOPPE BLOG
The dollar store has lots of cute containers for this project!
10. DIPPED WOODEN SPOONS BY SIMPLY DARRLING
Food gifts are sometimes the best gifts! All of these recipes make for adorable gift ideas!
1. MELTED SNOWMAN CHOCOLATE BARK BY PRINCESS PINKY GIRL
What a fun gift to give to a family with kids!
2. HOT COCOA MIX WITH FREE PRINTABLE BY HOME STORIES A TO Z
This hot cocoa mix recipe comes with a free printable! So cute!
3. HOMEMADE PEPPERMINT PATTY BY MEL’S KITCHEN
The wrapping is as cute as the gift! I love it!
4. CHOCOLATE COVERED STRAWBERRY CHRISTMAS TREES BY LOVELY LITTLE KITCHEN
What an adorable gift for the teacher break room!
5. SNOWFLAKE CANDY CANES BY KLEINWORTH & CO
These are great to have on hand during the holidays to wrap up quickly as a last minute gift.
6. SEA SALT DOUBLE CHOCOLATE COOKIES BY HONEY & BIRCH
Such a crowd pleaser, and great as a neighbor gift!
7. JAR OF CHAI TEA BY THE KITCHEN IS MY PLAYGROUND
Chai Tea lovers would love this gift idea!
8. YOU MAKE LIFE SWEET JAR PRINTABLE BY KLEINWORTH & CO
Perfect way to jazz up cookies!
9. SWEET SPICED PECANS BY SIMPLY STACIE
Pecans are always tasty, and everything is cuter in a jar.
10. CANDIED ORANGE SLICES BY SEW HISTORICALLY
What a unique gift!
11. HOMEMADE BROWNIE MIX BY MAINLY HOMEMADE
Brownie Mix! Great for an office gift.
12. CHRISTMAS CAKE BALLS BY HOME STORIES A TO Z
So many decorative options for your friends!
These gift ideas are great for kids to give one another, or for any kid in your life! Kids of all ages would love these ideas!
1. DIY TEEPEE NO SEW BY HOME STORIES A TO Z
Super simple idea – no sewing required!
2. CHRISTMAS SLIME BY ALL CRAFTY THINGS
Slime is still all the rage with kids! Make your own and personalize it with Christmas glitter.
3. JINGLE BELL FRAMES BY DELINEATE YOUR DWELLING
Such a fun gift for kids to help make to give to their friends!
4. POM POM CHRISTMAS TREE BY HEATHERED NEST
Such a sweet kid gift! Pom poms come in any color imaginable, and you could make several of these for kids of all ages!
5. LEGO TRAVEL CASE BY THE COUNTRY CHIC COTTAGE
Perfect gift little builders!
6. SNOWBALL PEPPERMINT PLAYDOUGH BY ARTFUL HOMEMAKING
This would make such a fun party gift! Great for any season.
7. MINION MARSHMALLOW POPS BY 5 MINUTES FOR MOM
These Minion marshmallow pops would be the hit of the Christmas party!
8. COLORING PAGE PENCIL CASE BY DUKES AND DUCHESSES
These are adorable!
9. DIY SNOW GLOBES BY IT ALL STARTED WITH PAINT
Think of all the cute ways you could personalize a snow globe!
10. SNOWMAN TIN CAN TOSS BY 5 MINUTES FOR MOM
What a fun gift for a kiddo, or a family!
11. DIY PARACORD BRACELET BY GLUESTICKS
Bracelets make great gifts!
12. POM POM PENCIL CUP BY WHITE HOUSE CRAFTS
What a precious cup for coloring pencils, crayons, etc. Go see how to make those cute pompoms!
13. SNOWMAN BATH BOMBS BY DOMESTIC DEADLINE
I love this idea! Sometimes the wrapping is as much fun as the gift!
14. DIY GLITTER SOAP BY HAPPY MOTHERING
Learn how to make your own soap! Full tutorial in the post.
BEAUTY AND NATURAL PRODUCTS
Scrubs, soaps, lip balms, and more! Lots of natural products that you can make for your friends and family!
1. LAVENDER AND SOY FLORAL CANDLES BY ECCENTRICITIES BY JVG
These candles would be great in a basket all wrapped up!
2. MINT LIP BALM BY SIMPLY STACIE
These lip balms would make a great teacher gift!
3. PEPPERMINT SOAP BY THE COUNTRY CHIC COTTAGE
Peppermint always lifts the mood! Very pretty gift idea.
4. LAVENDER SUGAR SCRUB CUBES BY HAPPY MOTHERING
These lavender sugar scrub cubes would relax the most stressful days away!
5. PEPPERMINT BATH SALTS BY TAYLOR BRADFORD
Peppermint bath salts are great for polishing dry, winter skin.
6. RED HOT LIP BALMS BY LIVING LAVIDA HOLOKA
Spicy and pretty gift!
7. DIY HEALING SALVE BY WONDER MOM WANNABE
Great gift for a friend with small kids!
8. GREEN TEA LIP BALM BY TEA COTTAGE MYSTERIES
Green tea is so soothing! Perfect for a lip balm.
9. PUMPKIN PIE SPICE LOOFAH BY BUSY BEING JENNIFER
This idea looks intriguing!
10. PEPPERMINT SOAP BY CRAFTS A LA MODE
These peppermint soaps are pretty all wrapped up!
11. CARROT SUGAR SCRUB BY OH MY CREATIVE
What a cute way to wrap up sugar scrub!
12. GINGERBREAD HOMEMADE BODY SCRUB BY YOU BREW MY TEA
I bet this smells amazing!
13. CRANBERRY VANILLA SHEA BUTTER SOAP BY SIMPLY STACIE
Cranberries are in season, so this gift is perfect!
Thanks for featuring my candied orange slices!