How to Refresh a Bedroom with Low-Cost Updates
This post is created in partnership with Better Homes & Gardens products found at Walmart; post contains affiliate links. If you’re unfamiliar with Better Homes & Gardens products I highly recommend checking them out! They have some super cute items at a price-point that will make you smile!
Moving boxes, packing tape, and bubble wrap have recently taken over my life and left me feeling chaotic and disheveled. We are less than one week away from moving to Greenville, SC but that didn’t stop me from creating a summer oasis in our bedroom! Today I’m sharing my top tips on how to refresh a bedroom with low-cost updates.
Bedroom Refresh Tip 1: Use a base of all white bedding.
White bedding is beautiful, fresh, and works with any decorating style. I love to use a white duvet as the base for the rest of the bed. Shams, sheets, and quilts can be changed to fit your mood or the season while keeping the base of white. For a similar look, try Better Homes & Gardens Pintuck Bedding Comforter Mini Set. Prices are subject to change, but right now it’s listed for only $45 for a king-sized comforter and two matching shams.
I used three Better Homes and Gardens Solid Cotton Euro Shams and love the stitching detail.
Bedroom Refresh Tip 2: Use a colorful quilt and shams to add a splash of color.
I tend to play it safe when it comes to color, but I was craving a fun Boho-vibe for summer. When my husband saw the Better Homes and Gardens Jeweled Damask Bedding Quilt Collection on our bed, he exclaimed, “Oh wow! It reminds me of our time in Indonesia.” When my husband was in graduate school working on his PhD we spent six magical weeks in Indonesia and created some very special summer memories. The quilt and shams are a perfect nod to fun summer memories created and those yet to come!
Bedroom Refresh Tip 3: Change your art to fit your new look.
I used some inexpensive white frames with free art downloaded from Graphic Fairy to incorporate the corals, pinks, and blues of the quilt. Leaning a few framed pieces of art on your end table is a wonderful and inexpensive way to redecorate with no long-term commitments!
Bedroom Refresh Tip 4: Add fresh flowers!
Roses from your garden or a bouquet of fresh peonies from the grocery store help any room feel fresh and beautiful instantly! Treat yourself this week by bringing some of the outdoors inside and see what a difference it makes in your space.
Love this look and want to shop it for yourself? Here are the sources!
- Quilt & Shams-Better Homes and Gardens Jeweled Damask Bedding Quilt Collection
- White Comforter- Better Homes & Gardens Pintuck Bedding Comforter Mini Set
- White Quilted Shams- Better Homes and Gardens Solid Cotton Euro Shams
- White Sheets- Better Homes and Gardens 100% Cotton 300 Thread Count Wrinkle Free Sheet Set
- White Picture Frames- Better Homes & Gardens Frames
- Starburst Mirror- I bought mine on Joss & Main several years ago. Here is a similar one from World Market.
- Headboard and Bed Frame- Similar one from Wayfair.
- Lamps- I found mine at HomeGoods a few years ago. Here is a similar lamp from Wayfair.
- Nightstands- Bought online from Kirkland’s several years ago.
- Flokati Rug