Do you live in one of these cities? The following cities were named by the Accumulated Winter Season Severity Index (AWSSI) as the “10 Bleakest Cities of 2015.”
- Boston, MA
- Buffalo, NY
- Detroit, MI
- Louisville, KY
- Hartford, CT
- Nashville, TN
- Newark, NJ
- New York City, NY
- Portland, ME
- Providence, RI
With spring finally here, Lowe’s wants to inspire and help consumers in the “10 Bleakest Cities of 2015” discover creative solutions to spruce up and improve their homes and communities with a quick makeover. I will be partnering with 10 bloggers and Lowe’s volunteers to complete makeover projects that have been neglected or delayed because of extreme winter conditions. If your project is chosen, volunteers will come to your home and help you complete projects such as painting, landscaping, creating outdoor rooms and adding curb appeal.
Doesn’t that sound amazing? Even I could really use someone to help me create a pergola for my outdoor roof deck, repaint the back porch, replace rotten wood slates on my front porch, and help me re-mulch and plant for spring. To help you brainstorm some creative solutions and DIY projects to spruce up your home, check out all of the great ideas at Lowe’s Creative Ideas.
I would love to see some deserving Home Stories A to Z readers submit their projects for consideration! Here is the eligibility criteria needed for project submissions:
- Be looking to fix up a space within your residence.
- Be able to communicate and submit photos of proposed project,
- Makeover project should be able to be completed within 24 hours.
- Must live in (or near):
- Boston, MA
- Buffalo, New York
- Detroit, Michigan
- Hartford, Connecticut
- Louisville, Kentucky
- Nashville, Tennessee
- Newark, New Jersey
- New York City
- Portland, Maine
- Providence, Rhode Island
- Must be the owner of your home.
- Be outgoing, energetic, and fun with unique stories to tell.
- Be comfortable being on camera and/or interviewed by local media.
- Be in need of expert design help from one participating blogger.
- Be able to make quick decisions in order to keep tight timelines.
- Be available for a 2 day period to complete the makeover (between April 20-May 22).
- Allow photos of your home to be shared online.
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply.
Complete the online application form and agree to the Terms below. To apply you can visit: https://springmakeover.castingcrane.com/ or simply click the button below. We will only contact eligible participants. Good luck and I can’t wait to meet one of you soon!
This post is sponsored by Lowe’s. All opinions are 100% my own.