I love to make buttons. I spend way too much time playing on Scrapblog.com and fiddling with my buttons. Here are a few I’ve made.
One of the questions I am asked most frequently by you all is how do you make a button with the code underneath? So today, I will reveal to you….the secret code. I’m not going to go into how to make the actual button today, but I will tell you try to make it as square as possible in whatever program you’re using.
1. Do you have a photobucket account? If not, open one.
2. Upload your button to your photobucket account.
3. Figure out how to click edit which is not at all intuitive and always takes me forever to do.
4. Crop your picture and get it down to 125×125, if that’s the size you want.
5. Save your pic.
6. You’ll see all these codes to the left of your pic (or underneath it depending on the page you’re on). You’ll want the direct link one.
7. This is the magic code below. What you’ll do is plug in your photobucket direct link code of your picture where I’ve highlighted in yellow. You’ll put the link to your blog, or the post you want, where it is highlighted in blue. That’s the only thing you’ll change in the code.
8. Open your blogger layout. On your sidebar, click add a gadget, choose 3rd party html from your options, and then plug in your code! Voila! A button.
9. If it doesn’t work, or you have more questions, just holla! Happy button making! (Oh, and if you don’t want your button to be centered, just delete all the “center” words below. There are four of them to delete.)
****Vignette Party is NEXT Wednesday, March 31st! I didn’t realize there was yet another Wednesday in this long month. Get your mantels, tables, windowsills, consoles, hutches, flat surfaces ready and come back and link up!****